Author Topic: Your first trout  (Read 1778 times)

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
Your first trout
« on: Aug 28, 2004, 09:37 PM »
Do you remember your first trout thru the ice?My first came in 1991 in february on Bow lake in N.H.It was a Brown,18.5 inches,caught 10 feet down over 55 feet of water.Ever since that day i have been hooked on trout.I have not fished that spot since that day.This season i must take a trip back to my roots.FLAG UP.

Offline Flash_King

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
Re: Your first trout
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2004, 09:00 AM »
In the early 60's there was a lake (Long-Sought-For:Westford/Ma) that the MassF&G was considering not stocking anymore because F&G considered it not suitable for holdovering of trout.Well, that myth disappeared when I and my cousin caught 3 18-20" browns through the ICE. Even had a write up + picture in the Lowell Sun.
GOOD LUCK - GOOD FISHING

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2004, 07:42 PM »
NICE JOB FLASH KING.TO CATCH ONE AT LEAST 18" IS NICE,BUT THREE 18" AND OVER!WHAT A DAY.

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2004, 05:05 PM »
I remember, first time I went icefishing dec. 20 1999, Vega Reservoir in colorado. I remember on my very first drop ever with just a plain nightcrawler I caught a 14" rainbow. That day I caught about 40 fish.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2004, 07:45 PM »
never through the ice, but recently I have been getting a lot of lakers nothing under 18.5 inches and I have gotten my limit twice, last time within 45 min of each other, and my largest was 26.25 inches and 6-6

all from shore

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.