The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Ice Gator 42v Annilihator  (Read 886 times)

Offline sidt87

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Gator 42v Annilihator
« on: Jan 31, 2015, 09:28 AM »
Has anyone tried this new gator yet? I'm thinking of upgrading from my attacker 2 lithion. Reason is I only get about 25-30 holes in 18+ inch of ice with 8inch lazer auger. I would like a longer lasting battery especially since I do a lot of hole hopping. Thoughts? Thanks

Offline lookinfopike

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Gator 42v Annilihator
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2015, 11:31 PM »
You might want to check the batteries that you have. I also have the Attacker II with 8" lazer. I can get close to  to 100 holes with a fresh charge on 24" of ice with mine. If you are only getting 30 holes in 18" of ice there is definitely a problem somewhere. I'm on my third year with the li ion batteries, I've been told 3 to 4 years  is about there life span, then they go south. Long to charge easy to drain when they are ready to go bad. I have no complaints at all with my Icegator. I would buy one again if I had to do it all over again. I cant see how the new model could be any faster. these thing are a beast. The li ion batteries are not cheap to replace. no matter what brand auger you have. Open the battery case and your Icegator and get the numbers off the batteries. Then search them on line and you can save a ton on the price. I'm sure I'm next in line for that purchase.
http://www.gulllakecam.com/

Home of the "Gull Lake Smelt Factory Ice Flies"

Offline sidt87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Thanks. I've had my auger for about 5 years and the charging process is still pretty good at 2 hours max. The augers performance is pretty consistent from the first year I had it.

Wonder if I could just replace it with a 42volt battery or will I fry the motor? All I really care is the number of holes I can get and not the speed because it's the fastest stock auger already imo :)

Offline BWB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2015, 09:14 AM »
The 42 Volt won't work with a 24 volt motor.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.