Author Topic: One 2 cycle engine oil for all 2 cycle engines.  (Read 5821 times)

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: One 2 cycle engine oil for all 2 cycle engines.
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2008, 05:00 AM »
I was confused on how in the world  1 ratio for all could be safe.  It all has to do with the synthetic design wether its 24:1 or 100:1.  After I finally got it figured out I started using the Amsoil this winter and will use the same mix for lawnmower, weed wacker, and chainsaw.  Sure going to beat having 3 mixed gas cans sitting around.  Opti 2 is the same thing  and all the mix ratio's apply only for regular oil product mixes and not for the engineered synthetics.

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 14, 2008, 07:46 PM »
no no no you see it is a mix chart, just showing how much oil youneed to have on hand if you want to make one tank of 100:1 or 50:1!  AMSOIL Saber 100:1 2-Cycle Oil is recommended for 100:1 mix ratios in normal service. Richer mix ratios may be used where desired.  what you have been doing is adjusting the ratios for diffrent pieces of equipment with conventional 2 stroke oil. that you have to do because of the weaker lubrication properties of conventional oil..
 you can run it 100:1 for everything and that is what amsoil did for all its tests, or if you want you can adjust the amount of oil to get different ratios if you are little chicken chit, but I actually got more power out of my jiffy and chainsaw, using the amsoil (not to mention less emissions)  thats what it comes down too.  I run mine at about 80:1 in my Jiffy 30 and in my Chainsaw, same gas can..  chainsaw wants 40:1 of conventional 2 stroke oil, jiffy is 24:1 conventional oil.. Ams oil is Synthetic, and has better flow/ lubrication properties, and it is the reason that you can run one ratio for everything.   
Gearjammer put me on to using Amsoil Saber Professional in my 2-cycles and I agree I actually got more power out of my jiffy this year. I plan to switch all my 2-cycle engines over to Amsoil. Great stuff

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #32 on: Mar 16, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Another nod for Amsoil here...it is wild stuff.  I started using this year in my 3HP Jiffy STX 10" ... wow what a difference.  It runs better, burns cleaner, more power and I have yet to see any oil coming out of the exhaust manifold when using it compared to the regular 24:1 conventional mixture that tends to slobber.

:thumbsup:

shawno

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.