Author Topic: Live Targets. Which work for you?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Hooked

• IceShanty Rookie
Live Targets. Which work for you?
« on: Mar 14, 2013, 12:31 PM »
I've decided that my tackle box is pretty bare, and that some live targets should be purchased.

I've heard of many guys this year hitting off live targets but never got the name or brand of them.

What are some of the live targets you've been pulling in the masses with?

"A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!"

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Live Targets. Which work for you?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2013, 09:31 PM »
Live Targets are group of lures made by Koppers.   Im sure you are referring to the lure called the Golden Shiner which is a lipless rattle bait.  There are three sizes... 1/4,1/2,3/4oz  they all work ;D
There are now 6 colors....they all work ;D   Ok I just got 2 of  the new green ones hope to try them this weekend if the roads aren't too icy...

Ive even caught walleyes with Koppers live target lipless bluegill, I would guess the crappie pattern would also work, prob even the talapia!!!

If I was going to buy just one for LW Id get a blue/silver small or medium size Golden Shiner (unless the green ones work better!!) :o

Offline Hooked

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Live Targets. Which work for you?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2013, 07:56 AM »
Live Targets are group of lures made by Koppers.   Im sure you are referring to the lure called the Golden Shiner which is a lipless rattle bait.  There are three sizes... 1/4,1/2,3/4oz  they all work ;D
There are now 6 colors....they all work ;D   Ok I just got 2 of  the new green ones hope to try them this weekend if the roads aren't too icy...

Ive even caught walleyes with Koppers live target lipless bluegill, I would guess the crappie pattern would also work, prob even the talapia!!!

If I was going to buy just one for LW Id get a blue/silver small or medium size Golden Shiner (unless the green ones work better!!) :o

First off, awesome to know your fimilar with Manitoba fishing! You've been on more lakes up here than I probably have (new to ice fishing).

I think those are the live targets I was referring too. Now, whats the difference between lipped and lipless? Is it just the swimming action of the live target? Lipless is the way to go?

I'm asking all these questions because if I'm not mistaken in Canada these things go for like $15 a piece. It wouldnt hurt to try things out for myself but I'm a fishing father on a budget haha.

I will check out my local tackle shop and see if they have em, and I'll prolly get the one you suggested for LW, just from simple reason you know LW better than I, I've never been on it.

"A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.