Author Topic: Where do you get good ice jigs?  (Read 3791 times)

Offline Medson25

• IceShanty Rookie
Where do you get good ice jigs?
« on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:23 AM »
It seems like I can't find a place that had good quality ice jigs. I live in the south metro area so something close would be great but I don't mind a drive if it gets me what I need.

Offline Don In Denver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Let 'em go! Let 'em grow!
Re: Where do you get good ice jigs?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:33 AM »
They're tough to find.  Sportmans Warehouse in Littleton has a decent selection of small plastics.  High Country in years past carried a decent selection of small marabous, but the last time I was in there (several weeks ago) they had next to nothing.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:42 AM »
there is no need to drive anymore, save your gas money for your fishing trips...there are many online suppliers who can get you anything you need, not even just the big boys anymore...look at FISHUSA, thornebros, marmsih....the list is endless, you no longer have to worry about finding what your looking for, no you just need to be able to afford it.

Offline bababooey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 06:54 PM »
I'm on the western edge of the ice belt, and if it wasnt for the internet, I would probably be using corn as my go to bait.   ;D  We have a cabelas here, and the wal-mart has a better ice fishing selection than them.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:08 PM »
I like these online jigs.

http://www.customjigsandspins.com/

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 05:58 PM »
Ditto Custom Jigs and Spins, they make great lure that work.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 04:44 AM »
I agree with Icejunky take advantage of the internet and visit the names already mentioned by him and others in this thread. Here are a few more for your and others info.
   Fish307,Jammin Jigs (both Ice Shanty website sponsors) Fish307 is similar to Fish USA and Thorne Bros. ,For tungsten jigs try Yourbobbersdown tungsten is heavier the lead jigs so they sink faster.They are nice to have when you want to fish a small jig in deep water.
 I also agree with checking Custom Jigs and Spins quality products and good service.
 Steve

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 06:37 AM »
I also use many of the web site sponsers, Fish307 and Thorne Bros. Also Cabelas, Yourbobbersdown and Custom Jigs and Spins. I gererally try to buy most of my equipment/lures at the Ice Fishing Show in Syracuse, then I check out Gander Mountain, and then go to on-line. I can't resist purchases at our local Bait Shops too...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2010, 10:33 AM »
i ordered from Jammin Jigs all winter last year and was very happy with thier products and service.  Good Luck this comming season!

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2010, 10:41 AM »
I get mine from jrstackle.com.  Local guys here in MN, they make quality jigs.  I wouldn't buy anything else, they have something for everything.

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
« Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2010, 01:20 PM »
I'll second the vote for Jammin' Jigs. They make some great jigs and their prices are great. I also like Northland stuff too. Outlaw Bait and Tackle in the Springs has a pretty good selection of jigs too if you feel like driving a little.

Offline double trouble

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 06, 2010, 01:53 PM »
 We are in Michigan and I can personally vouch for ficious (pronounced fishish) jigs.
 They are well made and personally guaranteed by Harry the owner . The original and the zitz are the bomb. Ask harry if he will throw in a few extra to try. He is pretty good about having new customers try new patterns.

http://www.ficiousjigs.com/zencart/
When the game is over Both the king and pawn both go back in the same box.

Offline lindenborn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Sep 06, 2010, 03:39 PM »
i ordered from Jammin Jigs all winter last year and was very happy with thier products and service.  Good Luck this comming season!

I agree great deals if you look!

Offline par845

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Oct 06, 2010, 09:01 PM »
I buy a lot of ice jigs from custome Jigs and Spins. I've caught a lot of fish with there products. Resonable price, good service and fast delivery.  The reatail stores in the metro area just don't have good selections so I have resored to buying most of my ice fishing equipment on line.

http://www.customjigsandspins.com/icefishing/hardspoons.html

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
« Reply #14 on: Oct 06, 2010, 09:35 PM »
I agree.  Three of my six best jigs come from there.  If you can't catch fish with a Ratso, Diamond or Gill Pill, there is something else wrong. I just wish the quality of their hooks was better, they tend to break after catching over a dozen or more fish.  Jammin' Jigs Tiger is great at Antero. They are a great site also.  Yourbobbersdown.com for Wolfram tungsten jigs and little plastic tails and scent (crappie) and you are set.

Offline Switzersland

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Big City turn me loose and set me free...
« Reply #15 on: Oct 08, 2010, 10:49 AM »
your bobbers down dot com
ah yeah...we caught'em on...... salmon eggs..........

Offline Switzersland

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Big City turn me loose and set me free...
« Reply #16 on: Oct 08, 2010, 10:51 AM »
or outlaw bait on academy in the springs Krystle ice jigs
ah yeah...we caught'em on...... salmon eggs..........

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2010, 09:26 PM »
I've started making my own for the last three years.I've lost too many nice fish on jigs straightening out and this is on 4# test! The jigs that worked the best for me I would sacrifice one by tearing it down to the hook. I now start with a good quality hook like Gamakatsu and copy what the original was like.If you look at the lure making posts and see what some of these anglers are making,they knock the socks off of what you can buy from a manufacturer.With a little investment in tools and practice in making lures you'll be surprised at what you can do and the satisfaction of catching a fish with something you made.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #18 on: Nov 02, 2010, 09:56 PM »
lindyfishingtackle.com/

:o

Offline skipper4080

• Team IceShanty Addict
Never get excited there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is??

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2010, 01:30 AM »
Was just at Sportsmans Warehouse in Loveland, and they had a very nice little selection of jig heads. If i hadnt stocked up on line all summer, id be cleaning them out!!  Cmon Ice!

Offline kevinmaine3

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 04, 2010, 08:16 AM »
I go with jammin jigs, everytime i order from them i get more than i ordered in quantity per jigs, and theres alway a bag with a few different one that says "here's some to try, thanks". So far so good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.