Author Topic: Chiller Comin...  (Read 1430 times)

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Chiller Comin...
« on: Dec 01, 2008, 08:25 PM »
I hope any ice that is remaining will make it to thursday, a HUGE cold front is coming. lows in the single digits.

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Chiller Comin...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2008, 04:57 AM »
i have been hoping the same thing. At least with water temps being what they are, whatever is lost will come back fast.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:13 AM »
i really feel december 13th could be opening day for me.....there is ice on most places.....it just needs a good 3 to 4 day push......like jiffyman said friday is cold and the 3 days after that are even colder.......right now we are in a holding pattern with cooler temps at night and warmer during the day.....yesterday hurt, but only down here i would think.....
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:42 AM »
It is coming your way guys. We are in a cool down pattern out here right now. We have had a few 13* nights here lately!

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:45 AM »
I'm gonna give it a run this weekend. Not quite sure where....but I'm gonna see if I can't drown some worms.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:47 AM »
December 13 is a distinct possiblitity depending on the location.  When I watched the weather channel yesterday morning, it actually was showing subzero temps in the single digits.  We'll have to wait to see.  Supposedly two cold air masses are coming our of central Canada but only one will drift far enough to reach the northeast.

I guess I'll have to buy some new line and re-rig my tip ups after this weekend.

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:52 AM »
I know that Winona has 4'' on it right now. People have been fishing that body of water for a week now. I think it's just a matter of how much effort people want to put in to finding a spot. I'm confident that there is ice to be had.

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:54 AM »
I want to build some tip downs but with hunting season, I just haven't had time.

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:57 AM »
Oh sure you do! Just bring your materials out with you to the stand! I've got a little Honda generator you can borrow. Just put that thing at the bottom of the tree and run a line up to the stand for your table saw!

Ba-da-bing!  :D

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:58 AM »
Oh sure you do! Just bring your materials out with you to the stand! I've got a little Honda generator you can borrow. Just put that thing at the bottom of the tree and run a line up to the stand for your table saw!

Ba-da-bing!  :D

lol, at the rate I am going maybe it would drive some of the orange army away.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2008, 05:58 PM »
Bring on the ice!!!!! :icefish: :thumbsup: ;)2

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2008, 06:18 PM »
i'm fishing somwhere this weekend without a doubt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: oh wait only six tipups right ?

Offline FRSH-WTR-FSH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2008, 06:25 PM »
if this rumer of ice is true i might have to get a weekend license and go out for a couple days ;D

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2008, 06:32 AM »
28* on my way into work today and I drove by Canobie.  A skim-layer of ice is starting to form on the lake.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2008, 07:26 AM »
i think i am going saturday as well.....gile pond in sutton had 3 last weekend....should have a bit more......or i might just scout out a few places and save it for sunday......i have a pond in barnstead called brindle that is pretty shallow and is probably pretty isolated from the wind
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Fishin Fool 69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Bring on the ICE!!

Fishin Fool 69

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.