Author Topic: Anybody have new toys for the 08-09 season?  (Read 1722 times)

Offline anglinarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
Anybody have new toys for the 08-09 season?
« on: Oct 24, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Just recently upgraded to the Eskimo 3 hut for more room. Also late last year I joined the ranks of the gas powered augers with a 10" strikemaster.

Who else has gear going on maiden voyages this year?

Offline MN_ICE

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anybody have new toys for the 08-09 season?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Picked up a Fish Trap X2 at a great price at the end of the season last year.  Got a couple late ice trips in it before the water was soft again, but I'm looking forward to this season!!  Just moved out to Colorado from MN, hoping to be able to get in a lot of good ice fishing out here as well.  This seems like a great site, hopefully I can pick up some good info on where to start out....As far as your Eskimo, very nice house. I fished out of my buddies last year, more than enough room for two guys and all our gear.  I think you'll enjoy it (the new strikemaster too).  Only bad thing is getting new gear before there is ice is it gets you itchin way too soon!!!

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2008, 10:23 AM »
I went to an Eskimo Quickflip II Deluxe last year after my Frabill material crumbled and I returned it; only to find the Eskimo is too darn heavy to lug across Colorado ice. Looking to get one of the light weight, 28 pound, Eskimo popups for those longer hikes.

Offline anglinarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2008, 01:32 PM »
I went to an Eskimo Quickflip II Deluxe last year after my Frabill material crumbled and I returned it; only to find the Eskimo is too darn heavy to lug across Colorado ice. Looking to get one of the light weight, 28 pound, Eskimo popups for those longer hikes.
Yeah that's what I picked up, I think it weighs 24-28 lbs and has a shoulder strap on the carrying case. Last year I used my hunting blind that has the same frame set up, just too small for two people.Before that I had a two man frabill that was a killer to haul any long distances.

Offline khaaxma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2008, 01:43 PM »
I have purchased the dual frequency ice-deucer for my Vexilar FL-20 and a new stadium seat that I hope will make my Rover Deluxe 2.0 more comfortable on my back after a couple of hours. Now, all I need is some ice to putem to good use!
I am blessed to live in an area where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

Offline 11mileice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Just got a strikemaster lazer mag xpress 10'' auger and a eastman ice cube hut cant't wait to getum on the ice

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2008, 09:17 PM »
Yea I'm getting a new custom 28" St. Croix UL ice rod made to my liking down to thread, eyelets, handle, etc.  8)

Offline mcnasty4233

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2008, 10:09 PM »
picked up a humming bird ice 45 flasher used it in the boat a few times this year have been able to use it ice fishing twice this year and all i have to say is if you are thinking of getting a flasher....... its worth the money i will never ice fish without one again.
fish all day drink all night....!!!!!!!

Offline k0diak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Got a new Frabill scoop...that huge hockey stick one :D

Got a crap-load of new jigs/spoons...and some rods/reels :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.