The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sulphur Creek Reservoir  (Read 13493 times)

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
Re: Sulphur Creek Reservoir
« Reply #30 on: Feb 08, 2008, 05:36 PM »
two lines in one hole = one big mess!!!! I will take my gas auger to the derby. 20" of ice and a hand auger = tired ice fisherman :P

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 09, 2008, 06:10 PM »
DAY 1 OF DERBY:  4 bows, 1 sucker, lost 2 nice bows at the hole.  Countless fish on sonar.  My biggest bow was 15.5" and the biggest of the day was only 17".  Look forward to SUN. 

Offline schondar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 09, 2008, 06:45 PM »
I caught 3 , one got off, I missed 4 or so. My largest was 15 3\4. Where were you fishing ? I was just northwest of the metal buoy marking the island, maybe 20-30 yards away....I am in the frabill cub(black)  How deep were you fishing ? I was 12-17 feet of water.

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 10, 2008, 05:44 PM »
Caught 5 bows today and the biggest was 15".  Missed a few and fishing slowed down after 10am.  The biggest fish of the derby was 21".  Not sure if it was a trout or walleye.  1 tagged fish was caught worth $1,000.  I caught plenty of fish overall but need to find some bigger ones next year.  Scott...we were only fishing about 40 yards apart!  I was in the blue rover on the southwest side of the buoy.  Now that the derby's over let's get out at dark one night and try for some walleye.  I'll post some pics of my fish later tonight. 

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #34 on: Feb 10, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Good luck to everyone!! wish the IS had a sercret signal out on the ice ;D ;D ;D
You mean like "pull my thumb" or something? :D
Thread killer

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #35 on: Feb 11, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I was fishing by the metal bouy marker too, I had a hard time catching fish, lost one on Saturday, and caught two on Sunday that were about 8" in length :(

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #36 on: Feb 11, 2008, 12:12 PM »
schondar & bacoj1 you two are from Evanston, On the way home from the derby I lost my green army duffelbag out of the back of my truck, it had my ice fishing clothes in it (boots, parka, bibs...etc) slim chance I will ever see it again, but you never know (thought it might be worth a try mentioning) It probably fell out on I-80 between Evanston & Green River :'( :'( :'(

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 11, 2008, 02:19 PM »
WYOICER...I'll keep my eyes peeled for your dufflebag.  Fishing was pretty tough overall huh?  Did you have a shanty out there?  I think I may have seen you on the northeast side of the buoy.  It was a pretty good time though.  Now I know what to expect for next year. 

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #38 on: Feb 11, 2008, 03:21 PM »
yes I had the Black HT polar escape one man shack, It was tough fishing for me, I only had two bites on Saturday hooked one of those and lost it right at the hole, Sunday was better after we moved out to deeper water (31'-34') I had several bites out there & caught two 8" bows (just pulled a sled on Sunday) I was the only one out of 6 guys in our bunch to even catch a fish! :(

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #39 on: Feb 11, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Were there any walleye caught during the derby? I heard it was a 21" Brown that won.

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 11, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Were there any walleye caught during the derby? I heard it was a 21" Brown that won.

I didn't hear of any walleye but I'd imagine someone had to catch one early in the morning one day.  I marked a few fish on my Vexilar that I thought might have been walleye at about 7-7:30am before the tourney started.  (I wasn't fishing yet just trying to lacate fish)  I'm going out after some walleye in the evenings now that the derby is over.  Here's a pic of a few of my fish from SUN. 

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #41 on: Feb 12, 2008, 12:07 PM »
Do you ever catch any of the smallmouths ice fishing Sulphur?

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:43 PM »
Never caught a bass at Sulphur through the ice or in summer.  I've caught a walleye through the ice but he was small (pic on page 1). 

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #43 on: Feb 13, 2008, 12:56 PM »
I couldn't believe all the suckers everyone was catching, did you get any of those?

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 13, 2008, 01:51 PM »
I caught a 16.5" sucker on SAT at about 12 noon.  I was surprised at all the suckers as well. 

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #45 on: Feb 14, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Guess What?? I got a call last night from another ice fisherman that was in the Derby, he is in Colorado and has my duffelbag of icefishing clothes. got my name from the Lions Club from my Sulphur Creek derby badge that was still on my coat!! He is going to UPS the bag to me on Friday :) :) There are sure some good people out there & I am sure glad a fellow ice fisherman found it! :) :) :)

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #46 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:08 PM »
Guess What?? I got a call last night from another ice fisherman that was in the Derby, he is in Colorado and has my duffelbag of icefishing clothes. got my name from the Lions Club from my Sulphur Creek derby badge that was still on my coat!! He is going to UPS the bag to me on Friday :) :) There are sure some good people out there & I am sure glad a fellow ice fisherman found it! :) :) :)

Good for you!!! There are a few good people out there !!!  :tipup:
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline bacoj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:13 PM »
Wow!  Glad to hear it!

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #48 on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:05 PM »
hey that's great that you are getting your stuff back.  Better send him a little Cabela's gift card as reward money :).  A person can never have to much fishin gear.
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
« Reply #49 on: Feb 15, 2008, 09:32 AM »
Good idea, was thinking of doing something like that.

Offline Toratube

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Go Big! or Go Home!
« Reply #50 on: Feb 16, 2008, 12:07 AM »
Going to the Sulfer creek derby = $50, Room and gas for the weekend = $150, Losing your bag full of ice fishing clothes = Bummer, getting it all back from a fellow angler PRICELESS  ;D ;D ;D     Thats awsome news wyoice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.