Author Topic: Auger blade sharpening  (Read 1119 times)

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Auger blade sharpening
« on: Feb 19, 2017, 11:13 AM »
I'm sending my Lazer blades off to get sharpened ... Somewhere.    The last time I sent them to Red Rock store up in Minnesota, but they put some type of double bevel edge on the blade and I don't think they cut any better then when I sent them in.  Does anyone have any good recommendations of a place they have experience with?  I may just need a new set of blades as i'm not sure the double bevel can be taken back out. without removing a good amount of material.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Auger blade sharpening
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2017, 11:26 AM »
Double bevel or primary and secondary edge?

It's all explained here..

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=309016.0

But another way to do a double bevel can also be a short cut to sharpening properly. But I can't see your blades..

<°)))>{

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2017, 11:36 AM »
Hey Tater I took my blades to The Sharpening Center on Goshen Road in Ft Wayne last year.  The work was great and price was very reasonable and turn around was quick(like 2 days).  If he's not too busy would probably have been quicker. FYI
HEX

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Fish 307 (Sponsor) in NY does them.

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2017, 05:41 AM »
Thanks for the heqds up Hex.  I may check them out at the sharpening center if i can find the time to run them in there.
The beat i can describe the double bevel is i can see the main cut made on the blade and the new bevel they cut on there is about 1/4 of the length of the original.  So it wiukd definitely be at a different angle then the original blades were set at.  I will try to get a pic sometime soon of them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.