Author Topic: Laporte, st joe marshall counties how are ya doing????  (Read 1375 times)

Offline rgeyer

• IceShanty Rookie
just wanted to know how every body else is doing on the lakes around me?????????????

Offline Fish-trap

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Laporte, st joe marshall counties how are ya doing????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Got a real nice mess of perch today on Stone Lake in LP. Ice was good, solid 5 maybe 6 in some spots. All the fish ranged from 9 to 13 inches. Sorry I didn't take pics as they were in my stomach after about an hour of gettting off of the lake.

Offline ole green moe

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Offical Member of Fisherman Against Penguins
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:27 PM »
Please don't post a picture of them now. :-X
Northern Indiana---Where men are men, and Penguins run scared!!!!

Offline rgeyer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2005, 08:20 PM »
nwver fished stone mostly fish lake been doing pretty good there though ,crappies and gills.

Offline FOOTDOC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2005, 09:50 PM »
fishtrap, what type of depth did you find your perch in?  Last year, my son and I did well in about 19' of water but I get confused as to north south east and west on that lake.  If you think of the beach pavilion and that real shallow point that comes out by those older docks, we were kind of equal distant in 19' of water.  We have roamed and explored the large area in front of the boat launch and find a perch here and a perch there.  It was a lot easier with a power auger.  Have fun and be safe!

Offline Fish-trap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2005, 08:05 AM »
Hey rgeyer--

I'm heading out to Fish lake here in a little while. Which lake have you been fishing?

Offline rgeyer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2005, 01:39 PM »
upper fish lake out in front of legion .. lower out from old boat launch .. im in a green eskamo shanty yell at me if im there i need entertainment somtimes when my son isnt with me                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    FLAG!   FLAG! hell that aint no flag i need a beer

Offline Fish-trap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2005, 04:26 PM »
rgeyer- Sounds like we fish some of the same holes. Next time I'm out, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Hey footdoc- sorry i overlooked your post this morning. I found the perch yesterday in about 10-14 feet of water. They all seemed to be hugging the bottom pretty tight too. Later in the year though, out in front of the boat ramp can be good and out in front of the channel as well and one hole in front of the beach are all 20ft. I haven't had to go deep yet, so I don't believe they are too deep yet. Hope this helps.

Offline rgeyer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2005, 06:12 PM »
hey fishtrap im gonna head out to upper fish lake tommarow afternoon !like to get on them perch somtime with ya

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.