Author Topic: schools  (Read 2006 times)

Offline frozenstiff

• IceShanty Rookie
schools
« on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:38 PM »
the lake that I fish the bluegill are scattered there is 3 or 4 in a hole then you have to move to find some more. then you can come back to the hole later. from some of the stuff that I have read says they will be tightly schooled. so my question is what causes this. could it be the preditor fish shuch as bass and pike?

bigdave1018

Re: schools
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2006, 01:00 PM »
the smaller little sentury gills are the more agressive ones that most anglers catch. the bigger ones didnt get that way by being stupid. they are always on the move searching for food or a mate. just drill a few more holes near where you were catching them and work all the holes. sooner or later the gills will come by again. spikes, pieces of worms on a small [size 10 and smaller]jig or dot usually will get you all the gills you want or need to catch.

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2006, 11:21 AM »
I know guys who don't wet a line till they have a half dozen or so holes drilled in an area. As soon as one hole slows down, they hop to another.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

bigdave1018

« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2006, 05:21 PM »
i made some fake tipups and after i had my 5 or 6 holes drilled , i would put 1 in each hole to mark them so that if some unwanted person came by, they wouldnt just stop and invade my holes!!!! each 1 was made with 2 equal sized pieces of wood secured by a nut and wing bolt in the center. all 5 or 6 fit into a pail and the inconsiderate sobs would bother me a lot less. i had 1 walk right up to me and start fishing 1 of my fresh cut holes. he even moved my marker!!!!! i said hey you could at least ask before you try and crowd me out. his reply was o did you drill that hole? you can imagine my reply,lol. he wasnt in the area long after that. rude idiot people, man you got to love them. tight lines and keep drilling and icing them tasty gills. big dave out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.