Poll

Will you be attending the Quinte G2G on Feb. 2nd/3rd?

Yes, 100%
8 (72.7%)
Maybe
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Feb 02, 2008, 02:58 PM

Author Topic: QUINTE G2G SIGNUP thread, please let us know if you plan on attending  (Read 12557 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
I will be int he Brown SantaFai, pulling a clam behind me, cant miss me in my clam suit and red toque

Offline Eyesorbust

• IceShanty Rookie
well I wasn't so succesful on the first day at BOQ only a dozen perch or so.  If anybody is going out Sunday and you know where the walleyes are please chime in.

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
EOB, did ya end up meeting up with any other IS'ers at Pt. Anne?  Wondering how everyone else is doing... thanks for the update and better luck to ya tomorrow  :)

Don

Offline fish_boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quinte Walleye
He met me on the shore in the morning. fishing has been really really slow all week. I've been to several different places all with the same results. I know a lot of the IS guys were only a couple hundred yards off shore due to the snow on the ice. It was a very tough go for the quad this morning. Later today wasn't as bad since the snow has started to pack down a bit. I'm back out in the morning but then headed home after the morning fish.

Bean and company got a few fish. From what they told me that had a good time. They are headed back home in the am.

Offline Seaweed

• Team IceShanty Regular
I hooked up with Eyesorbust on Saturday.  We nailed a bunch of perch...no eyes seen iced all day.  Action was slow on the LX-5.  I ended up almost busting a finger when my Jiffy got away from me while drilling some holes for my son and his buddy in the late afternoon.... so my action for Sunday has been put on hold.   Tough bite for sure.  I might stop by Baitcaster's on Lake Mississippi on the way home for a bit.  Sorry I didn't get to meet any of the other people who headed down to the bay for this outing. 

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Hey Seaweed,  myself and Chowderhead met up with Eyesorbust last night at the hotel and fished with him all day today...turns out Chowder and I were fishing pretty close to you guys all dat Saturday

Thanx for all those who turned out as Seaweed said the fishng for us guys on foot was slow...Was able to meet up with Bean, Polar Bear, Carp Catcher and EyesorBust, I know we had a few cancellations due to weather and such, but glad to see and meet those who where able to make it out...

Here is group shot of ChowderHead, Myself and our new Utah/Ontario Buddy Eyesorbust

And the link to more pics

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=62954.30

Offline Eyesorbust

• IceShanty Rookie
Too bad we didn't find the eyes but it was great to be out fishing.  There was some great company and what a game last night!  I'll be back to Quinte maybe in the fall.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
Well we made our first trip to Quinte' and it won't be our last. Let me just say that "ALL" the people we met there were great. Everyone was more than willing to help us out and give us pointers. I can't say enough about how Fishboy and a guide named Rick showed us the way :bow:  Raymond, tell your dad he can fry fish for me any day. The conditions went from being able to walk 3 miles on Thursday to 100yds in the snow on Saturday :o. I hope you guys know how great of a fishery you have there and do whatever is needed to keep it that way. Till next time, stay safe!
     Jim

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I agree with CC on how friendly everybody we met up at quinte was. Thanks to all who set this up that stirred us enough to finally make a trip up there. And thanks to Raymond(fish_boy) for all the information he provided and the hospitality. In the short time we were there, we learned quite a bit about the fishery, tackle, and techniques. All 4 of us in our group caught some walleye with several in the 4-5 pound range. We had some mishaps and lots of laughs, but most of all some great memories that will last forever. I got to talk to icejunky and his buddy for a few minutes on Saturday as we were headed in for some lunch. Nice meeting you gents. I felt sorry for anybody that had to drag their gear thru all that snow. It really cut down on where you could fish.
Here's Polar Bear with 2 he got on Saturday.
Ken                                          

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
Glad to see you guys got into some 'eyes Ken  ;)  Hopefully I'm there to meet you guys next time you're up.  You thinking of returning next year?

Don

PS - how big did the largest go?

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Not sure about next year. Definately would like to try it again sometime though. It was an experience and we sure picked up a lot of good info on quinte if we ever do go back.
    I think the largest 'eye was 24".  We didn't weigh them, but figured they were between 4 to 5 pounds.  I think we got 6 that were that size.
Ken                                          

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Hety Bean, what hotel were you guys at? Chowder and I as well as eyesorbust were are the Park Motel, did not see you guys?

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
I think they were at Trenton Park motel Rob... 15 minutes west of ya's...

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Yep, we were at the Trenton Park motel just past the air force base.

I forgot to mention we ran into a couple other Iceshanty members from PA while we were there on Saturday. I talked with jigholeeo, iceholeeo, and their buddy. They were staying at the Trenton Park Motel also.
Ken                                          

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Glad to see and hear that everyone had a blast despite the lack of piggies caught over the weekend. I was chatting with a few people you mentioned that there was a perch infestations a a few of there holes  :laugh: Walleyes couldn't have been too far  ;) Wish I was there

Thanks for the pictures guys...The G2G was the first of many to come  :)

-Andrew
Andrew

Offline iceholeeo

• IceShanty Rookie
We had a ball. Saturday we couldn't catch a cold if we tried, but thanks to  Bean giving us some tips, we were able to hook up with a few on Sunday. Jigholeeo got an 8 pounder. The rest were small. Thanks Bean! Monday we fished just the morning bite and got 1, 18 incher. We also met a lot of really nice folks. I always said that icefisherman are the greatest bunch, but I really don't know why. Maybe because we all have a few screws loose. Anyway we are making plans for next year, can't wait!

Offline jigholeeo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
If I can get the picture to post, you will be looking at my first walleye through the ice with a jig pole. And I thought catching perch was fun!!! As Iceholeeo said we had a great time, we arrived a little late due to bad weather but ended meeting Bean and company and a few other IS members on the ice. Thanks again Bean for your helpfull info. We would have liked to catch more but at least we got a "taste" of what fishing for eyes in the BOQ is all about.Thanks to all. And hope to see you next year.

Offline rabidsponge

• Team IceShanty Regular
yes we'll definately have to set something up for next year as well, hopefully the weather will cooperate and everyone can make it down!

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
Nice 'eye Jigholeeo!!  That fish alone must have made the visit!

Don

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice eye Jigoleeo  :o
Andrew

Offline getnjiggywithit

• Team IceShanty Regular
It was a fun little GTG!  I think I was talking you  Jigholeeo. Were you the ones with the 2 Gander Mountain guides linked together? You said you were from PA but didn't say what your handle was and pointed out Bean's shack!  I was the guy on the ATV towing the X2  did ya get those eye's on sat or sun? I went farther down and nailed a pile of perch a few dink eye's and a solid 3lber for dinner ;D
cheers

Offline jigholeeo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
It was a fun little GTG!  I think I was talking you  Jigholeeo. Were you the ones with the 2 Gander Mountain guides linked together? You said you were from PA but didn't say what your handle was and pointed out Bean's shack!  I was the guy on the ATV towing the X2  did ya get those eye's on sat or sun? I went farther down and nailed a pile of perch a few dink eye's and a solid 3lber for dinner ;D
cheers

Thanks everyone,
Yeah, ("getnjiggywithit") that was us. It was nice talking to you. We caught nothing on Saturday, but on Sunday I caught that one and another small one. Then on Monday iceholeeo caught his.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.