The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Rattle reels  (Read 624 times)

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Rattle reels
« on: Jan 09, 2020, 07:31 AM »
I try to always keep my 3 line limit going if possible... Was thinking about addi g a couple rattle reels to my sha ty so when i get out i can still keep a line in that hole.. What i want is this... A rattle reel that the base can be bolted to the side of my shanty... But i want the arm and reel to be removable so during transporting it doest break off
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Rattle reels
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2020, 07:45 AM »
I use old fly reels as my rattle wheels. I attached them using a piece of wire with a beanie clip on it. I suppose rope would work just as well. I can store them in my takle box while traveling and clip them onto my pop up when I get there and it works great.
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2020, 07:58 AM »
I don’t use a rattle reel but when my brother built his hard house last year I was going to get one of the ones you linked to for the exact reasons you mentioned. Removable arm/reel. It seems like a solid solution but I went the baitfeeder route instead. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work out for you but I don’t have any hands on experience with them.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2020, 08:32 AM »
Always could go with a Okuma baitfeeder on pole.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2020, 08:48 AM »
HT Enterprises sells a rattle reel with drag that clamps on. I would think it would clamp onto the frame of a porty. $12.99 at Scheels. I would think our shanty sponsors would sell them also.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2020, 09:07 AM »
https://www.cabelas.com/product/GRAYDEN-RATTLESNAKE-REEL-WALL-MOUNT/2650281.uts?productVariantId=5463157&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04971122&rid=20&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1246492&ds_rl=1246531&ds_rl=1247882&gclid=CjwKCAiAu9vwBRAEEiwAzvjq-xd_b7xgOgJaLHiy8jseOmRnZWJraF6b3cdENEKEU84pSqDkXlwpfRoCln4QAvD_BwE

So with a little searching this is what ive found... Which is basically perfect... Anyone ever use rattle reels? Any success?

I have that unit in my Bayrunner, works fine and does what its supposed to, my one complaint is that the rattler makes tons of noise just wiggling it, just some wind shaking the bayrunner is enough to have it make noise... I'd rather have one that only sounds when spun...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.