The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Whistlers pond Lee Metcalf Wildlife Refuge?  (Read 937 times)

Offline jigmaster5000

• Team IceShanty Regular
Whistlers pond Lee Metcalf Wildlife Refuge?
« on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:14 AM »
 :tipup:
Zelus mos planto criminatio

oldschoolben

Re: Whistlers pond Lee Metcalf Wildlife Refuge?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:35 AM »
i don't think you can fish the ponds on lee metcalf heard their are some toads in there though

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:17 AM »
Old school is correct.  You can only fish the river and sloughs.  I checked a couple of summers ago, when I was looking for a place to belly-boat for bass.  There are definitely some lunkers in there.  They open it up for a day every summer for kids only.  The kids keep all of the bass alive, and turn them in to FWP.  Then, they transport the bass to Frenchtown Pond and Upsata Lake.  Is Whistlers pond within the refuge boundary?  I used to duck hunt on Metcalf, so I pretty much know it like the back of my hand.  However, I have never heard of Whistlers.  Metcalf is north of Stevensville.  If it is not inside the refuge, and not on private land, you should be good to go.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2010, 12:25 AM »
I just looked at the interactive map.  Whistlers is the main body of water on Metcalf, where I used to duck hunt.  You can't fish there.

oldschoolben

« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:04 AM »
jigmaster dont be to down i know of a pond in the bitterroot we can try 4 bass perch and bluegills need alittle more ice yet

oldschoolben

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:14 AM »
never fished this pond thru the ice but fish it allot in spring and summer caught mostly bass but have took the kids out and cought some gills might be a few big1ns

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.