Author Topic: Round lake steuben county  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
Round lake steuben county
« on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:41 AM »
anybody fishing up there wanted to know ice conditions to far away for me to drive
Some people like to fish but i like to catch fish

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Round lake steuben county
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2013, 11:05 AM »
LOL do you ever provide any info or do you just request info.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Lol here we go again .

Offline IceBucky

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • DONT SETTLE FIND THE FISH
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2013, 11:38 AM »
its not safe donot go out on it

Offline IceBucky

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • DONT SETTLE FIND THE FISH
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2013, 11:39 AM »
anybody fishing up there wanted to know ice conditions to far away for me to drive
not safe at all

Offline crappiekilr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2013, 11:54 AM »
Lol
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2013, 12:01 PM »

68 posts, 28 of them questions.

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:27 PM »
well since i've only went twice ice fishing this year its kind of hard to provide information.

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:29 PM »
what do you want to know.

Offline wawaseebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:31 PM »
So since you have only went twice it is our jobs to pick up the slack and tell you where the ice is?

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:37 PM »
That's why your on this site right and i don't live on every lake to see what the conditions are.

Offline wawaseebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:42 PM »
I live in Leo, if you do a mapquest or whatever you will find that to any decent lake I am probably an average of 40-50 miles away from any decent lake worth fishing, I put in my time finding the ice I want to fish.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:53 PM »
well since i've only went twice ice fishing this year its kind of hard to provide information.

Well if you have not got out to fish but 2 times this year I don't know what you are waiting for . So what are you doing asking all of these questions and not using any of the info the so many have gave you ? It sounds like to me that you are just wasting your time and all of ours posting info for some one that is not going to use it .

It sounds like ot is time to put the keyboard down and pick up the gear and go fish

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:05 PM »
First of all the ice hasn't been thick enough for me and i'm looking for the 5 to 6 inch range and haven't seen it.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:07 PM »
I was on 2 different lakes last week that had 6 to 7 inches on both of them . You just gotta go look .

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:16 PM »
First of all the ice hasn't been thick enough for me and i'm looking for the 5 to 6 inch range and haven't seen it.

???  Do you need a quad or snomobile to get around?  6" is usually when you start seeing them on the ice.   I have seen some 'big ol fella's' on the ice, but none that need that much ice under them to keep from going thru.  Did you have a bad experience and are 'gun shy?'  Not trying to tell you to get on ice you are not comfy on, but waiting for 6 inches any more around here is going to yeild very short or no ice season.

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:18 PM »
some people when they have 7 to 6 inches its only 3 to 4 inches but i'm not saying its you i'm just saying some peoples measurements aren't very good.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:22 PM »
some people when they have 7 to 6 inches its only 3 to 4 inches but i'm not saying its you i'm just saying some peoples measurements aren't very good.

You can go back and check my post if you want . But this is why I always tell people that it is best to go out and check the ice for yourself .

Offline wawaseebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:43 PM »

So why trust peoples measurements? I will mail you a tape measure so you can measure your own ice if you wanna PM me your address.I don't trust anyone either I go check for myself.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 03, 2013, 08:54 PM »
Completely lost me...I give up....you post dozens of questions about lakes asking for ice conditions and now say you don't trust people to accurately estimate ice thickness and say you need 5-6 inches in order to get out.  If you don't trust the estimates from others, why all the questions?  It is like a dog chasing its tail!

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:00 PM »
well if someone says there is 8 to 9 inches then there is a least 5 inches

Offline angolajones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:11 PM »
Finding five or six inches may be tougher than you think right now.  The snow has insulated the ice pretty well.  Makes for a very dangerous outing if haven't kept current of ice conditions.  Heck one lake had birds keeping open water so if they move and it freezes, it will be very thin ice.

Jonesy

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:19 PM »
well if someone says there is 8 to 9 inches then there is a least 5 inches

???  So the rule is don't trust estimates unless they are so high that even if they are off by half you will be safe?   Sounds like a rule for a very limited ice season using that method.  If you want to get out more, get a floating suit or life jacket and a spud and ice picks and check a lake or two that are close to home.

Offline iceon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #23 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:23 PM »
Wow there's something wrong with this site. People are getting so hateful. If you don't like the questions don't answer them. This site is to bring icefishing men and women together, to give advice and to teach people what fun a sport we have to enjoy. Npike5 might be new to icefishing I don't know he ask questions how else do you learn. I'll bet someone taught your . Or your just naturally talented to be an ass to people. (THEY MAKE A PILL FOR THAT). I'm sorry hoosier and everyone else for using a few swear words it just bugs me how people have been treating each other on here lately. I know our ice conditions have sucked the past few years but we don't need to take it out on each other. Iceon and my 2 cents
Iceon

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:30 PM »
I'm not trying to be a butthole I'm just trying see what me and my dad will do this weekend since we are free from jobs. I just want to know where the fish are and good ice conditions. I Didn't start or want any of this to happen on the first page they started it and i was trying to finish the argument.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:40 PM »
Wow there's something wrong with this site. People are getting so hateful. If you don't like the questions don't answer them. This site is to bring icefishing men and women together, to give advice and to teach people what fun a sport we have to enjoy. Npike5 might be new to icefishing I don't know he ask questions how else do you learn. I'll bet someone taught your ass. Or your just naturally talented to be an ass to people. (THEY MAKE A PILL FOR THAT). I'm sorry hoosier and everyone else for using a few swear words it just bugs me how people have been treating each other on here lately. I know our ice conditions have sucked the past few years but we don't need to take it out on each other. Iceon and my 2 cents

Did you even bother reading what he is asking repeatedly?   Yes, some have been a bit testy out of frustration, but this is a catch 22.  He may be new, but he is not asking for help with techniques, rods, line, lures, how to find fish on a body of water or anything else people can help him with other than how much ice is on lake X. (where lake X is about 30 different lakes).  Then he says he does not trust anyone to accurately measure or estimate how much ice there is.   Why ask if you don't believe the response.  No where this year has there been 8-9 inches, which is what he says he needs to believe there is 5 inches.  If that logic makes sense to you, then I guess the rest of us 'just don't get it'.  Not trying to be rude, just trying to figure out what he wants.  No one is going to say 8-9 inches of ice the way this year has been, so he is looking for something that does not exist unless he wants to go to northern michigan. 

Offline Npike5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:47 PM »
People on this site like to fuss. They need to be team members and not just think about themselves. It's kind of respect Give Conditions and you will get information. I haven't got to much good information on this site

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:50 PM »
I'm not trying to be a butthole I'm just trying see what me and my dad will do this weekend since we are free from jobs. I just want to know where the fish are and good ice conditions. I Didn't start or want any of this to happen on the first page they started it and i was trying to finish the argument.

Can I ask why you didn't just ask the question like you just stated your situation above and all this running in circles would have been avoided.  Add into you post that you need a legit 5" of ice to feel safe and that PM's are welcome if they don't want to post on the main board for the world to see.  You would have got a much better repsonse.   Unfortunately, due to your posts last week with all the sarcasm, I think some have a short fuse with you at the moment.  I hope you find 5" so you can get out with your dad, but the snow is not helping the ice making machine even with the cold weather.  You many also want to post a location in your profile so people know where you are located.  That may help them point out lakes near you that are fishable and save you drive time.

Offline iceon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #28 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:52 PM »
Wax its just getting so bad on here if I was new and read afew topics I wouldn't recommended this site to anyone to get ridiculed the way he's been treated. Maybe he's 15 yrs. old and can't drive around just saying.
Iceon

Offline gillin1026

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Feb 03, 2013, 09:53 PM »
go to waste gas and time like the rest of us do to find good ice and when you find it u will know.  there will be 50-100 people on it and then find the access closest to it.  good luck the best ice i have found has been 5 inches and i weigh 320 lbs and have no problems.
have fun, fish hard and be safe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.