Author Topic: MAXI  (Read 3115 times)

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
MAXI
« on: Feb 12, 2012, 03:53 PM »
For those who need ice, there is a good 5 in the channels. Come 1 come all. PARTY....

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
Re: MAXI
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2012, 04:52 PM »
For those who need ice, there is a good 5 in the channels. Come 1 come all. PARTY....

How can that be?  Stanton21 says there is no safe ice in Indiana!!!  :roflmao:

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2012, 05:02 PM »
Well I was told 5 plus. However, I have seen 6-8 of bad. Stanton may be bigger than me. So if that being the case is deffinately isn't safe. My son just called and said he saw 3 guys fishing Stone in LaPorte.

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2012, 05:50 PM »
This thread will probably get jerked out too. The original post  stanton made was NOT, in my opinion about safe ice or people reporting ice conditions. It was ALL the silly posts like "do you think we will have safe ice if the temps fall this week".....or,  " what do you think the temps this weekend will do for ice making"...or, "so when do you think we will have ice?" NOT Ice reports, or safe ice talking....at least thats the way I read it...

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2012, 05:51 PM »
Then...you get dumb comments on top of it....

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2012, 06:03 PM »
Then...you get dumb comments on top of it....

The only dumb comments I saw were by the OP (not this thread, the one that got removed) when he said he did not care if people fell in and drown.  It is amazing he knows the ice conditions on every lake and channel in the entire state and labels anyone that is fishing as STUPID.   ::)

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2012, 06:28 PM »
I posted in the thread that got removed, then went and took a shower, and grabbed a bite to eat. When I returned, the thread was gone. If I am responsible for the demise of that thread, I apologize to all those whose posts' were removed.

Offline SouthBend

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:03 PM »
The only dumba$$ comments I saw were by the OP (not this thread, the one that got removed) when he said he did not care if people fell in and drown.  It is amazing he knows the ice conditions on every lake and channel in the entire state and labels anyone that is fishing as STUPID.   ::)

Wax, it is rare that you make false statements on this board but I have to call you out on this one.. He said that those people were STUPED, not stupid....  ;) I agree, loss of human life is tragic regardless of circumstance and it is ignorant to say otherwise.

That said, is there really 5" of ice there?

Offline shovelholdsdirt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:08 PM »
Please give it a rest...and stop stealing threads. :)

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Its a bummer, you finally get an informative post telling about what sounds like a good chance to get on the ice and all this non-sense will get it removed. I'm headed to myfishfinder. Hopefully people are a little less edgy there this year.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:22 PM »
That said, is there really 5" of ice there?

Al said he heard it from someone else, so it is at best second hand information.  As with all ice this year, don't take anyone's word for it.  Be prepared for the worst and to check it yourself.

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:42 PM »
I was one of the guys on stone lake. Had a solid 4 inches on the south end. Had a decent day, several flags
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline cavender

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:35 PM »
NATURAL SELECTION..!!!RIGHT... WAX-WORM..?

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2012, 09:25 PM »
NATURAL SELECTION..!!!RIGHT... WAX-WORM..?

Probably not.....fishing on 4 inches after 4 days of temps below freezing and nights in the low teens to single digits doesn't qualify.

Fishing on 2" of sponge ice after 4 days of highs in mid to upper 40's with rain and posting comments like these below double qualifies for both 'natural selection' and is a darwin award candidate.   ;D

From Feb. 7th:

WUS PROLLY ONLY 2"WHENWE WAS ON IT,LOT OF IT WAS SPNGY LOTSA PRESSURE CRACKS W/ GAPS BOUT 2" WE HAD TOUGH TIME GETN OFF ...

and from Feb. 4th:

yep that was me and my fishn partner behind gracies......ice not safe!!!! shorline very weak......cant catch fish sit'n on the couch

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Checkin' my PM's..........stay on them Waxie!!!!!!!!! ;)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2012, 12:57 AM »
Since Strantons thread is gone my post is gone with the rest. From memory I will try this again.

You have to know Stranton, he's a of a icefisherman. While his post did seem strong, I feel the purpose of it was to WAKE PEOPLE UP about the hazards of thin ice. And I think it did.

Every year veteran and newbee icefisherman loose their lives because they WERE NOT THINKING about SAFETY. All that was on their minds where, I want to icefish no matter what.

While Strantons post did upset many, it also might have gotten some to think about the hazards of thin ice instead of just walking out on it and taking a chance.

As far as his comment about not caring if people drown, think about it. If you see someone out on a golf course when its lightning and you warn them that metal golf club in their hand is a lightning rod and they keep playing. Will you feel sorry for them if they get struck by lightning? Or is someone is playing with fire and you tell them thats a bad idea. Then they get burnt, do you feel sorry for them. No I wouldn't.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2012, 06:33 AM »
What happen to this post thought we were talking about 5"of ice at Maxi?Real nice to the ones that think they have to change an informational post into some kind of pi$$ing match.Lets get back to the actual post can we???

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2012, 07:25 AM »
Differance of opinions are gonna happen,everyone has to understand what you read my not be takin the same way as another would take it.If ya wanna hash something out do it with RESPECT and NO CUSSING.I went thru and modified all the language out.Next move will be to remove all of it.. Enjoy fellas.Nothing we can do about the lack of ice,but it is what it is.. JT

Offline MarcumPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish stories told here!!!! Some true...
« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2012, 07:44 AM »
Not sure if there is 5, but a buddy told me there was 15 guys out there last night, so the ice must be decent
Mitch

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:59 AM »
next 7 day forecast for culver looks good. Not allot of sun, little if any rain, and mostly in the mid/upper 20's at night and mid/upper 30's daytime. So what ice there is on the channels should increase. Maybe its not over, fat lady hasn't sung yet.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Culver&state=IN&site=IWX&textField1=41.2179&textField2=-86.4225&e=0

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline dfman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:45 AM »
Any walleye in the channels? 

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2012, 01:15 PM »
Just got back from there.Moved around for about 3 hours not a single bite. Seen one guy catch a bluegill. Talked to some guys they said bite has been slow for a couple days. There were 12or13 people out there when i left. Ice was 41/2"-5".

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 13, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Heard the best bite is EARLY. Have to be there before light. The other day after 7 am they quit. Seems like everytime I go there I am a day late, or early. Well, I guess that is fishing.

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 13, 2012, 01:32 PM »
I got out around 8am.Moved around just nothing bitting.O well got out of the house.May try something different tomorrow.

Offline klbeeks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 13, 2012, 04:44 PM »
are all the channels decent fishing? any one better than the other? never been on it before. and was thinking about getting out tomorrow
Fish On'

Offline MarcumPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 14, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Bluegill bite sucked, but the bass bite was on.  They bit really good throughout the whole afternoon today.
Mitch

Offline klbeeks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 14, 2012, 04:29 PM »
Bluegill bite sucked, but the bass bite was on.  They bit really good throughout the whole afternoon today.
how much ice were ya on?
Fish On'

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 14, 2012, 06:05 PM »
Did ya happen to drop down a camera. You can see them, getting them to bite is another thing. Have to keep changing colors, flies, and jigs till you find something that works.

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 14, 2012, 07:42 PM »
Anyone going in the am?I'm going to try and be there earlier than i got over there Mon,or might go to valpo to Loomis??Charging the battery for the camera right now.LOL

Offline MarcumPro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 14, 2012, 08:59 PM »
There was 6", the ice is the best I've seen it over there this year.  Don't have a camera,  had a marcum and could see that the fish were comin up to the bait and looking at it but not biting it.  That's when I dropped a rapala in and caught a bass within a couple jig sequences.  Tried tons of colors and none would work.  What color were you havin luck on?  We tried black, purple, chartreuse, red, lime green, teardrops, bugeyes.  hahaha I felt like we were pulling everything out.  When we did catch them, we caught them on gulp waxies.  I'll be over there tomorrow but can't get there til 11 at the earliest.  Let me know if ya wanna go
Mitch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.