The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fishing bago  (Read 783 times)

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fishing bago
« on: Jan 13, 2018, 10:56 AM »
Looking to come up to bago for a few days of fishing, looking to chase walleye and perch mostly, will happily let the whities keep us busy if things dont pan out.

Anyways, im not on here looking for the hot spots, its easy to find the crowds. Lol.
Have experience driving trucks on lakes as i visit family in north central minnesota every year. And have ice fished erie a bit.

Erie isnt gonna pan out for a bit yet, im coming from northern indiana, about a 3.5 hour drive.
So, im looking for; places for lodging that are recommended as we will stay for a few days. Tavern with the best burger and beer near the lake.. and im also looking for the best access location on the lake. Safest, easiest, plowed roads and such.

Have plenty of knowledge chasin walters and perch, only question i really have for catching fish, is are they biting good. Hahahaha.

All jokes aside, thanks anyone with any info you are willing to share
Got one goin'!

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishing bago
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Very interesting! Lol
Got one goin'!

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2018, 09:41 PM »
If you need lodging you are looking at staying in Oshkosh most likely.  The main access in Oshkosh is off of merit street by Menominee Park. It is the most popular access on the lake and there will be plowed roads and bridges there. 

I am not local so can’t help you with bars/food. 

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2018, 10:38 PM »
Ratch and debs is a great packer themed bar with great food all around especially there deep dish pizza and is located right off west side of the lake in Oshkosh on merrit street. Bobs trails end also on merrit street right off the lake has fantastic chilli and hot dogs. And lastly Jansens bar less than a mile from merrit has excellent food right off the lake. As for driving on the ice, use extreme caution this year as the lake has thick i e but it cracked up in one big mess of a spiders web. Daily we are getting updated crack reports, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to where the are springing up, and they are claiming a lot of trucks. Most cases have only been front or rear ends droppng in but there have been a fair number of total break throughs. Right now the most consistent bite on the west side is about 3 miles out of t.j.s landing down the tree line . Can't miss the group. One of the few spots this year that I have found the fish tightly schooled up this year. I have gotten some really nice walleyed 3 miles out off merrit as well but the fishing is more few and far between on a good day fetching a dozen fish with a few nice eyes mixed in with a half dozen whites or more and a couple perch. By tjs south of Oshkosh guys are having 50 fish days or better with a lot of short walleyed and smaller panfish thrown back with buckets of whites and a limit of eater eyes on a good day. Good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.