The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: help auger throttle stuck??  (Read 2261 times)

Offline jrsue

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
help auger throttle stuck??
« on: Jan 13, 2004, 05:25 PM »
just got a new  strikemaster ultra, and  second time i used it the throttle stuck shut, the only way i could throttle up is reach under and move lever on carb by hand.  is it froze up , and if so whats the cure and or how do you prevent this from hapening.

fishfearme77

Re:help auger throttle stuck??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2004, 05:29 PM »
Spray cans of white lithium grease hold a lot of magic! ;

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2004, 05:51 PM »
Thats what I do!
Anthony

Offline Jiggernaut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2004, 08:29 PM »
I've had the same problem with mine...plus now I have the wire pulling loose from the thumb lever.  I've sent an email to Strikemaster's site asking if they sell a conversion kit to switch it over to the new style that has direct wire throttle control, but have had no response as of yet.  I'll keep you posted... :'(

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2004, 08:37 PM »
i would  contact strikemaster or your local dealer .where it is new im sure they will fix you right up :'( :'(

Offline Outdoors_Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2004, 08:45 PM »
I agree with billditrite. I have spoken or emailed many corporations over the years and so far they all have gone out of their way to rectify my problem.All StrikeMaster Augers come with a one year warranty. Use it.

Offline Outdoors_Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2004, 08:48 PM »
Oh yeah..I'm hoping you brought your auger back indoors or a place that has heat and would melt any ice that may have formed on the unit wich may have cause the malfuction. Sometimes we all over look the obvious.

Offline jrsue

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2004, 05:36 PM »
I thawed it out when i got home from fishing , and now it works fine again. However if it freezes up every time its very cold ,somethings wrong. I read somewhere its a good idea to stand your auger up when finished drilling holes, I may try this.  But I still think its somewhat of a week throttle setup. Do the new Ultra's have a different throttle, I just got mine 2 weeks ago at cabalas, I would have thought it would be the newest model.  It has a red flipper style thumb trigger on the right grip  and a wire is attached to it  going to the carb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.