Author Topic: What do you HATE about your aqua view (underwater camera)  (Read 22262 times)

Offline Zee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What do you HATE about your aqua view (underwater camera)
« Reply #30 on: Nov 09, 2006, 12:57 PM »
I bought an Aqua-Vu scout, and the IR didn;t work, had a hassle getting it replaced. The replacement camera leaked fist time out. Now I'm on my third, and if it is cold out, I have to press in on the knobs to get the picture up. It works fine when warmed up in the tent. The quality isn't there, but otherwise it is great!

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 12, 2006, 09:26 PM »
I have an aqua-view 120' temp. and multi-color light (I tried the DT version but didn't think the extra $100 was worth the degraded picture quality (looked like static every few seconds).  The MC doesn't have this feature.  Aqua-View customer service was above and beyond the call of normal duty. 

I don't like:
1) the cable managment (or lack thereof...winds around battery holder)
2) small screen--when the sunshield is on (which is necessary whenever outside of the shack) only one person can view the scrren
3) the weight (mostly caused by the battery)
4) narrow field of view
5) shallow depth of view
6) turning on the light just causes all of the little particles in the water to reflect the light ....
7) it has provided me with a very detailed view of how barren the lake bottom actually is...
8) it doesn't work very well with the down rigger clilps (too many cables,etc)

My flasher is much more useful for catching fish.  My aqua-view is much better at giving me a look at what's down their...short of diving in myself....

Offline Binkelman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 10, 2007, 09:09 AM »
For you guys wondering about the lights, you might want to take a look at Aqua-Vu's new "Explorer" lighting system.  Looks like it works a lot better than the SR lights.

http://www.naturevisioninc.com/shop_nvi/product.php?productid=235&cat=4&page=1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.