Author Topic: Lakes West of Big Lake  (Read 1083 times)

Offline zack64

• IceShanty Rookie
Lakes West of Big Lake
« on: Dec 14, 2006, 06:50 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has either fished or heard of someone fishing the lakes dirrectly to the west of Big Lake(Flat Lake, Mud Lake, Sara Lake) and if they did any good.  The reason i'm asking is it seems the fishing Regs allow bait there and being connected straight to Big Lake I would think they might hold some decent fishing.

Offline FrozenMarc

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lakes West of Big Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2006, 12:07 AM »
I fished Flat lake a few years ago, but during the summer from a boat with single eggs.  Didn't catch many, or even big ones, but still caught soom.  Again this was probably 4 or 5 years ago.
Hope this helps,

FM

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Never fished Flat or any of the other lakes listed, but I was talking to ADF&G a few years ago about Flat Lake and fishing opportunities there.  They thought one could do better, it had something to do with the composition of the lake bottom (muddy?), been awhile so can't remember all of the details. 

I will fish it at some point, it does hold fish :D.

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2006, 10:40 PM »
Before I ever hit big lake I fished Mud Lake (also Called Mirror) and did really well on it.  Actually, I've caught moe fish in Mud thru the ice than in open water.  We've hit some big char and bows in it.  Just find the channel right in the middle, chum your hole, and hold on.  Excellent lake for sure thru the ice.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.