The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone fishing this weekend?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline cuz

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Anyone fishing this weekend?
« on: Dec 14, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Was wondering if anyone from NEPA is planning on fishing this weekend.  Reports are mixed, with some lakes having 4-8 inches of ice on them to some lakes being unsafe.  Would like to get out this weekend, maybe even Friday if school is cancelled.   With these frigid temps. at night and highs only in the teens during the day, is it safe to say the lakes are adding about 1-1.5 inches of ice per day?
All fisherman are born honest, but they get over it!

Offline Brad from Potter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone fishing this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2005, 11:23 AM »
anyone planning on fishing up here in Tioga County?
Brad

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2005, 11:26 AM »
We'll be heading out Sunday... still a toss-up between Still Water Lake, Hidden Lake, Promised Land, and Pecks Pond.

Offline water walker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2005, 11:37 AM »
I may head to a private pond near my house if I get a little time.  Free time is very limited this year though. :(
Genius has its limits, but stupidity has no end

Offline Jenk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A bad day of fishin' beats a good day of work!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2005, 01:16 PM »
On Sunday, we ventured out to just test the ice to see if it was safe.  We hit a small pond in Susquehanna county and it was only 2 inches.  Not safe!      Then we came down and checked Fetch's...that was around 3 inches.  Then Stephens, and that had safe ice along the shoreline to about 20 feet out, but there were wet spots and about 7 inches of heavy heavy slush and blech on top......so we decided it wasn't safe.  I'm presuming, by the temps the past few days, this weekend should be ok.  I HAVE to get out this weekend because if I don't, I'll go nutzo.  Where I'm going yet I'm not sure.  If you do go, make sure you test the thickness constantly and be careful and safe. 

Tightlines!
Stay on top!
Nothing changes, when nothing changes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.