The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone Fish Walker Jenkins?  (Read 5318 times)

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone Fish Walker Jenkins?
« on: Feb 06, 2010, 03:10 PM »
I might go check it out next week but have never fished it through the ice. Any ice reports or suggestions would be welcome. If not I will report back in a few days.

Offline mallardmuncher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone Fish Walker Jenkins?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 PM »
All I know is its deep!  Its an old strip  mine pit or something like that.  Was supposed to have Walleye in it from what I was told, never fished it but always wanted to
Fish tremble at the sound of my name

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2010, 04:54 PM »
I've fished it during the summer but all we saw were rainbows, I can't verify walleye but that would be cool.

Offline mallardmuncher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2010, 07:35 PM »
This was probably 10 years ago I heard a report of th eyes.  Call the GF in Larmamie and ask the fish biologist about it
Fish tremble at the sound of my name

Offline wyowind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2010, 10:06 PM »
Mostly small rainbow with the chance for a 20 incher every now and then. Ice usually 15 inches plus. Used to be part of the Pathfinder mine. Crazy deep spots. Walleye, none yet. 

Offline bottleslinger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2010, 10:34 PM »
Is that where the fish glow?

Offline wyobrink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Fished it during the fall and spring but never with ice.  Fished it last year at the beginning of May out of my float tube.  Some seriously cold water that time of year.  Would be interested to hear how it fishes.  The lake is pretty deep and in speaking with the rancher, the water level goes up by about 1 foot/year.  Appears to be steep mud slopes with a few benches, not the greatest looking type of structure although I did hear about a semi-truck that they lost into the lake. 

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2010, 09:48 PM »
Thanks everybody, I'm meeting my dad there in the morning, hoping for a big one. I'll report back tomorrow night.

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:05 PM »
Ice was 16 inches thick with complete snow cover, fished in 6-20 fow, I caught 3 16 inch rainbows and my dad hooked one but lost it and got skunked. The fish were all nice and healthy but didn't see very many on my camera. I'm not sure about my dad, but I had a good time.

Offline icefishing J

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:51 PM »
Fished it during the fall and spring but never with ice.  Fished it last year at the beginning of May out of my float tube.  Some seriously cold water that time of year.  Would be interested to hear how it fishes.  The lake is pretty deep and in speaking with the rancher, the water level goes up by about 1 foot/year.  Appears to be steep mud slopes with a few benches, not the greatest looking type of structure although I did hear about a semi-truck that they lost into the lake. 
[/quot

It is a 120 ton coal truck, and should be in the east side, i was working the night the gey lost his air and therefore the brakes, he jump out, and the truck went over :o :o
Just making Swiss Ice

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Coal Truck huh, I guess I should look for it with my camera next time. Is there a visible road where you are talking about?

Offline wyobrink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Thanks for the fishing update.  How deep is the lake?  Coal truck.....I bet that would have been quite the sight to see the thing lose it and tumble in.  In speaking with the rancher, I was under the impression that it was a truck being used to backfill part of the reservoir and not for mining operations???

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2010, 10:59 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.