Author Topic: Island Ice  (Read 12631 times)

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
Island Ice
« on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Well guys things are starting to get very interesting..Looking at the middle bass web cam,looking west at rattlesnake all I can see is ICE!!!  it may not be thick,but it sure as is there...I think were in for a good one boys...Keep your fingers crossed.

Offline countryhunter50

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Island Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Any way to post a link to the cam?

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2013, 12:11 PM »
I went to the facebook page of miller boat line..The link is there.theres 2 cams..The one on middle updates every hr..The pics this am were incredible...You could see davis-bessie in the background green on the far left and rattle straight out..The ice looked to be everywhere..This could be a great season...

Offline countryhunter50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2013, 12:35 PM »
Let's no get over excited....we all know how Ohio is. I hope we have a epic season but I won't hold my breath. 2 and a half on my parents pond today in nw Ohio.

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2013, 01:09 PM »
Anyone not excited about this much ice this early,must not have a heartbeat..After all im not saying were ready to start fishing,in fact I think were looking at the first week in jan before its ready...But still a great start...

Offline hoppy63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2013, 01:39 PM »
If we have ideal conditions.....the locals might start venturing off island.......on foot. Not sure of year, maybe one of you will remember, we had great ice in Dec.....I heard of guys out by west sister. Then came first week of Jan....4-5 days of rain and 55-60° temps. No more ice that year.
  And I'd like to hear different from someone, but it is my experience that walleye fishing is not very good (usually) until late Jan.early Feb.anyway, or at least very hard to find. After that it keeps getting better as long as ice holds out.
 I hope it gets good....got a good start as far as water temps......but a long way to go and need a little luck mixed in!

Offline wis2ohio

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2013, 07:28 AM »

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Lookin at the middle bass web cam u almost think someone would be or there fishing.Hopefully the warm melts the snow so it can get back to making good ice. I think this is going to be a good year.  We can't go three in a row on bad ice on Erie ??? :tipup:

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2013, 11:23 AM »
I wish they would turn the camera back so we can see rattle..And yes we need the snow to melt,just not too much ice..If we make it to mon I think were good..Keep your fingers crossed....

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2013, 04:26 PM »
the last post sounds a little fishy to me..Had a friend tell me she flew over today and only saw 1 hut about 100 ft out of the state park..If the ice is that good lets see pics and have some details...

Offline hoppy63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:59 PM »
Was there not a post on here last week of guys fishing off of islands....with pictures of fish????? Or am I thinking of another thread? Maybe they were taken down for some reason????

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2013, 02:24 PM »
It was this thread.No idea why their gone..The ice should be locked in really good by next fri..Im thinkin of goin up on sat if the weather don't change...

Offline hoppy63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 26, 2013, 05:19 PM »
Well, not sure but I saw same pics on a guys phone at work. Said its his buddy, and he told him he got them in Sandusky bay. Not real sure what he's calling Sandusky bay, but on here he said off south bass, as I remember. Got second hand word from someone knowledgeable of islands.....ice was locked in before rains and wind, but no one out on it. I suspect moderator removed messages because they didn't want false, or at least questionable posts leading people to think ice was safe, and venturing out into dangerous situations. If ice held up over there I would not think anyone would venture out until at least after next weeks cold spell (7,5,2 for lows) if it happens. And as I've posted before, my experience is fishing not good until late Jan anyway, at least consistently.

Offline coreymon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:18 PM »
my posts were deleted because i did not buy an ad. nothing to do with someone from here looking out for your safety. i was on the ice at PIB yesterday. if you want more info pm me.

Offline r3foxx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 26, 2013, 09:46 PM »
my posts were deleted because i did not buy an ad. nothing to do with someone from here looking out for your safety. i was on the ice at PIB yesterday. if you want more info pm me.
The mods on this site are a pain in the a$$.Maybe you were putting you're name out there, but the information was useful and more pertinent than ninety percent of the crap posts on here. Thanks for the info.

Roland.

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2013, 03:32 PM »
Did any ice make it through. I just looked at the island web cam and it kinda looked like ice with open water. 

Offline hoppy63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 27, 2013, 05:39 PM »
Talked to guide......ice did make it but there is none of the guides even close to taking clients yet. Think about this.....first ice has to be safe.....secondly guides have to locate fish, once there is good ice.....thirdly they have to get their "camps" set up.....doesn't happen overnight......if they were venturing out before 55°temps, and 3+" of rain, they surely got slowed up, and no real cold weather to speak of since.....will be 2-3 weeks if all goes well

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2013, 08:36 AM »
If you need a guide,yea maybe 2 weeks,but the weather decides that..With the temps were supposed to get next week,we should make almost 1 in per day,You can do the math...I don't need a guide and ill be on the ice sun the 5th..I might be on my wheeler might be on foot but I will be fishin!!!

Offline coreymon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:30 AM »
to the people who sent me pm's thanks but this site has locked my ability to respond to your messages. too funny! so please understand i am not ignoring you and i am working on a way to address your questions. we post all of our stuff online so it is free for people to see. we will not pay to post our information on someone's website. we are generating our own, genuine, first hand content, it is unique and valuable and ours. God Bless America home of the free!

good luck this season!

Offline greg solomon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 28, 2013, 06:10 PM »
amen brother. i found these guys you have to do a google search for: buckeye fishing charters

Offline Erieguy1

• IceShanty Rookie
lots of good reads !!!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:49 AM »
About them and their buddy coreymon here .

http://www.icefishohio.com/index.php?topic=9610.0

http://www.icefishohio.com/index.php?topic=10212.0

coreymon is one of the boys that run with them . Even looking on the FB page they post is no help instead is a hire me and I will give you info . Many first rate professional guides at PIB but these guys are not one ..

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 29, 2013, 03:34 PM »
I hear the  same...Im goin up sat,I will let ya know how i do,water clarity ect...

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 01, 2014, 09:24 AM »
Sounds like the Locals ice fished off SBI yesterday. Ice 4" to 6" . But still iffy in other areas, They did catch fish also ! Will not be long and it will be on ?

Offline hoppy63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 01, 2014, 11:00 AM »
Sounds like the Locals ice fished off SBI yesterday. Ice 4" to 6" . But still iffy in other areas, They did catch fish also ! Will not be long and it will be on ?
snow not helping.....1 1/2-2 weeks out if forecast holds.

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2014, 01:28 PM »
Maybe hoppy forgot this thread is about island ice? I will be fishin rattle on sun,mon and tues no problem...But maybe he was talkin about guides..At least 1 of them is going to start this weekend..Dont know about others...1 or 2 weeks no way...Its startin now!!!

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 01, 2014, 01:30 PM »
Maybe hoppy forgot this thread is about island ice? I will be fishin rattle on sun,mon and tues no problem...But maybe he was talkin about guides..At least 1 of them is going to start this weekend..Dont know about others...1 or 2 weeks no way...Its startin now!!!

Good to hear !

Offline hoppy63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 01, 2014, 02:48 PM »
let me know how it goes. I'm sure there are locals poking around....but have lived and fished here enough years...(35) I'm willing to bet the reputable guides are not up and running yet....probably next weekend 1 1/2 weeks. Some serious winds forecast for next week. Hopefully they miss this one......not to mention another system with potential for another 3-5" Sunday. If we get tonights snow and they are right about Sunday.....that wind will make it near impossible to navigate over there

Offline gdccsc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 01, 2014, 04:06 PM »
I hear what your sayin about guides and your probably right,but im not using one..As far as the wind goes, I hope it does blow because its dry and powerdy it will blow off...Really cold thurs and fri, and even colder for next week..Im fishin alone and stayin at the b-squrrel..If anyone wants to join me...Send a pm...

Offline hoppy63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 05, 2014, 02:02 PM »
the suspence is killing me.....what's the report.....ice conditions......guides out.......any fish?

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 05, 2014, 02:11 PM »
Yes do tell ??

I did hear a rumor that one of the guides did get some customers wet yesterday ?

Can't confirm it yet though ?

I doubt I will since that isn't good for Business ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.