The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 6 Week Gig in Mineapolis Minnesota: Would like to ice fish with ya'all  (Read 3554 times)

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
It looks like I'll be doing a 6 week project for Davey Tree in Minneapolis, Minn starting next week, 2/26). Never been there. (I'll be staying in Burnsville). Will be leaving Akron Ohio on Saturday 2/24).  800 mile drive is gonna be a 13+ hr drive.

Since I'm an avid ice-fishing (panfish) fanatic, I'll be able to check out the ice fisherman & lakes, and the tackle stores in the area. (I strictly ice fish.. no soft water fishing for this boy). When the hard water is gone, I'm into backpacking and hiking.

Anybody on the forums near this area? Insights, suggestions, comments???

Yeah.... I know, dont forget the Long Johns.
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
might be a good idea to wait and buy your minnesota fishing lic. after Feb. 20 2007 we start a new year then...
Hard Ice

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Thanks for the tip.. will do.
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'd love to take ya out.  there's not much around for quality panny lakes.  there's a few and i wouldn't mind taking you to one of 'em, but no offense guys, but i'm not brodcasting it on the net.  send me a pm if yer interested!

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks for the tip.. will do.

woops that Feb 28 2007 sorry..
Hard Ice

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Save your $$$$$$$$$$ a non resident license is $35.00 , and a non res shelter tag is $34.00. $70 to go fishing-better hope you catch something!! Link to their license info:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/fishing/index.html?type=fishing

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I was just looking at that link, but in the hunting section- the non res small game permit is $80.50?!?!?!?!? OMG- that makes for some expensive squirrel! Plus, if you want to pheasant hunt, you have to buy a stamp, that's craziness.

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Will be leaving Akron, Ohio early Saturday 2/24 to try to beat the oncoming winter storm.  The trip is 870 miles.  We'll see how the road & weather conditions hold up.  If they turn really bad, I'll stop at a hotel along the way Saturday night and finish the trip Sunday.  Anybody want to give me a call on my cell for a travel/weather update can certainly do so.
330-285-1299

John

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we're supposed to start getting snow tonight -friday- at about midnight, and it's not really gonna stop till monday.  i'm pretty excited cuz i'm going skiing this weekend!  should be a blast

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sounds like the road to Minni is gonna be a doozy on Saturday.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
drive safe, buddy

Offline taxmancommeth

• IceShanty Rookie
Let me know when you want to hook up for perch on Mille Lacs.  Not this weekend but maybe next weekend I should be heading up for a day.

Scott's the name - Ice fishing is the game

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
Next Monday I will be up that way to see what the hoopala is all about with reports of perch the size of footballs tempting ice fishermen everywhere...
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Got stopped in Madison on Saturday night 2/24 b/c of the winter storm after driving 500 miles.  Continued the remaining 300 trip to Minneapolis on Sunday 2/25.  Staying in teh Red Roof Inn at Burnsville.  Can fish on Sundays.  Call me to hook up if any of you locals want to show an Ohioan how to catch fish in Minnesota,

Cell 330-285-1299.  John

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Next Monday I will be up that way to see what the hoopala is all about with reports of perch the size of footballs tempting ice fishermen everywhere...
hopfully i'll have a quad up and running agian by then maybe i'll join you..
where you going out from ?
Hard Ice

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
Not sure...from the metro area, so I drive that way, see the lake, park, walk, drill and hope for the best...Any suggestions as to where I should go or launch from?
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
WOW!!! Another storm a'comin! Trudging thru a foot or more of snow with more due tonight certainly is a challenge. Atleast I'm getting some exercise. Wonder if I'll be working tomorrow (friday 3/2). Worked only 1/2 day today (thurs 3/1). The snow is too wet for snowshoes.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
This an't bad it could be a lot worse..
Hard Ice

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Worked around Crystal Lake the last couple of days.  Howz C.L. for panfishing?  Any others nearby one could recommend?

Offline taxmancommeth

• IceShanty Rookie
March 10th or 11th?  Anyone want to drill some holes and track down some SUMOS on Mille Lacs?

Scott's the name - Ice fishing is the game

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
March 10th or 11th?  Anyone want to drill some holes and track down some SUMOS on Mille Lacs?

yep i'll be there where you going out of ?
Hard Ice

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Worked around Crystal Lake the last couple of days.  Howz C.L. for panfishing?  Any others nearby one could recommend?
You're fairly close to prior lake in the town of prior lake, alotta people consider it one of the better panny lakes in the area.  I'd suggest going to this site.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/index.html
click on the recreation compass link and just start clicking on lakes.  when ya click on a lake just click on the "lake survey information" button and it'll show you what the most recent dnr test nettings found.  it also has very good topo maps of lakes. one of these days i'll give ya a call and we can hook up, just not sure when my next free day'll be. good luck!

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Wonderful info! Think I'll drive over there this Sunday 3/11 and check outthe locals.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
So how'd it go?  Ya get a taste of some MN fish yet?

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nope, not yet. (The warm weather last week put a thaw intomy plans.  Too much slush on the lakes for my liking)  Will take a Sunday morning 3/17 drive to Prior Lake to check it out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.