Author Topic: Flasher Testimonial  (Read 2330 times)

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
Flasher Testimonial
« on: Feb 21, 2005, 01:51 PM »
I am a new vex owner this year and so far I love it. I know it has helped me catch more and give me more confidence. Yesterday was the most unbelievable thing that I have ever seen. I was fishing in 24 1/2 feet of water. If I fished the bottom I caught perch, at 21 1/2 feet it was gill's and at 19 1/2 it was crappie. If I wouldn't have seen it I would think someone was nut's. I don't know if I ever spent 280.00 dollars and enjoyed it as much. I should note that all the other brands would do the same thing I just think their great.
       Jim

PIKEGUY

Re: Flasher Testimonial
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2005, 02:20 PM »
I got to use mine for the first time on Sat. You are right about the confidence. Now I KNOW if I should stay or move. I was able to finesse a couple light biting Walleyes that I would have thought not even there and now, I too, am hooked.

camo_fish

« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2005, 05:13 PM »
yes sir''ry, again trying BigReds extra unit on the lakers, I was hooked, or should I say the fish were.  ;)
I just had to buy one and Red was kind enough to sell his extra to me, man I've seen the light.  :o

Offline iceturd

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2005, 07:48 PM »
Vexilar usage is addicting!!! I,ve had a fl-8slt for 7 yrs. I won,t fish without it. I fish in less than 30 ft. of water most days, if any you do, I would suggest getting an S-cable. It hooks up very easily & cuts signal power in shallower water, I think fl-18,s come equipped with this feature but older models don,t. They can be found at Ganders, Cabelas, or from vexilar. I,ve already lost my season here at the new equator (cent. IL.) but already anticipating next season with my vex! AHHHH, those thick red lines rising up to meet my jig, the stuff dreams are made of!!!

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2005, 07:57 PM »
I have had a fl-18 for years.I won't fish without it.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Mackinaw

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2005, 09:00 PM »
The vex is an amazing tool, it changes fishing from being a passive pass time to an active pursuit.  There are only two drawbacks that I can think of:
1) When people see it in action they always ask how does it work?  Then when you show them and they see the fishes reaction, they’ll never leave you alone.
2) I’ll never be able to enjoy sitting idle by a hole again.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2005, 06:31 AM »
I know what tou meen Mack, I was one of those guy's that drilled 5 holes, 2 to jig in and 3 for tip-ups. Now if there is no fish in about 30 second's ;DI'm movin on.
        Jim

maybe a little longer than 30

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2005, 07:57 AM »
I had my vex for 5 years now,  but last w/e was the fist for me.  Fished in 110 fow for the fist time and  it seemed like fishing with a rubber band on.  I guess it takes the signal a while to go down and come back,  so there was a significant delay when I moved the jig up and actually see it on the Vex.  Wierd stuff   :o.

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2005, 09:34 AM »
JigaWhopper - Your vex may still be giving at least close to real time, but maybe line stretch is slowing down your jig action.  ??? 110 fow is pretty deep.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2005, 09:26 AM »
Slipbob is right,  the delay was  very pronounced,  like fishing in slow motion on the 10 scale.  I'll be getting more practice next w/e on George again  ;D.  Do you guys get a lot of interference from passing quads/snowmobiles and  the planes.  The Vex can get really messed up when there is a lot of traffic on ice !   J

PIKEGUY

« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Doesn't the interference rejection button help that much? I use mine next to an aqua-vu and that doesn't seem to bother it. Maybe it's just because it's only like 20 feet deep though huh?

PIKEGUY

« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Gotcha. Thanks slipbob. Question, how big is the cone at 20 ft with a 19 deg. ducer? I really don't feel like thinking that hard, but I know some of you guys like doing that sort of thing ;)

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2005, 10:59 AM »
that's 6.7 feet diameter for a 19 deg ducer in 20 fow,  My 9 deg coverage in 110 fow was about 17.5 feet  :o,  talking about some serious dead zone.   They have a list on the vex website:
http://www.vexilar.com/help/tips/tip006.html

PIKEGUY

« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2005, 11:18 AM »
jIGAWHOPPER, Thanks, you're the man. I've looked that site over a ton and never saw that!

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2005, 11:46 AM »
you got it pal,  ton of good stuff on that site  :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.