Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 239205 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4950 on: May 24, 2024, 09:13 AM »
Good morning ER’s
WW I was thinking the same thing, month is almost history.
Good luck on the benefit roundup

Finished up the re-decking , including top handrails. Some time today I will replace the step boards, then wait for it will be dry enough to seal/paint.

Wondering how long Mr Muggy will be visiting, before he heads up Marv’s way

Stay safe and enjoy your day
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4951 on: May 24, 2024, 10:26 PM »
Well we hit Friday and it was a good end to the week. Got all the trailers here to load so do not have to work this weekend, all the better on that one. Now to hopefully get the boat and side by side out for some trips this weekend. Hope all have a great weekend and enjoy some family time. Safe travels if anyone is going to be out and about.  Well better get back to the wife and hanging out. Have a good night everyone.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4952 on: May 25, 2024, 05:45 AM »
Morning all,

FH4.....glad there's no work for you this weekend  :)

IFF.....hope you get a chance to paint/stain before the wood soaks up too much moisture  ;)2

IW......guessing you'll be busy working this weekend  :flex:

H2L......any plans to get the boat wet soon  ???

Picked up some donations, Got the shrubs in front of the house trimmed and fresh mulch put down yesterday. Boat's getting a much needed bath today  :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4953 on: May 25, 2024, 06:00 AM »
48* and sunny!

WW, good luck on the ride this weekend, have fun. I may get the boat out of the garage next week.

Lindsay stopped by yesterday on here way home from another canoe trip. She was up north and she said the wind was not nice, it was pretty gusty around here.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4954 on: May 25, 2024, 07:17 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Going to be another beautiful day here in upstate NY. Sunshine and 54*, high in the upper 70’s with low humidity and dew points.

H2…the winds got pretty strong here throughout the day yesterday as well, helped keep the bugs down!  ;D  Glad to read your wife had a good review by the Dr., excellent news!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…I see that slugs have found a few of my plants, one broccoli plant looks like it has been used for target practice with a BB gun. Going to set some beer traps today after I finish planting.  Hope an ice cream ride is on the planner after the boat wash today!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…glad you had a good wrap to the week, enjoy the weekend and good luck with the fishing!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…some beautiful work weather today! Hope you can finish up early and enjoy some R & R later.  :thumbsup:
  Bud…way to go finishing up the deck, hopefully you can get a fishing trip in soon now!   :clap:
  Steve…hope all is well and you don’t get stuck working this weekend!   :thumbsup:

I’ve been pretty good following the Dr.’s orders but today I’m going to start back doing some easy chores. Planting the rest of my garden is on top of the list and maybe pressure washing some of the house later when the temperatures peak.
  Wishing everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend….Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4955 on: May 25, 2024, 11:02 AM »
Good morning little update Awoke at 7 to it raining , did get a coat of paint on the deck yesterday the 25% chance of rain missed me. Not sure how much more I will see today, everyone his sleeping in lol, now will have to let things dry out again to do touch up and paint railings  also got the demo deck boards burned last night so that was a plus for yesterday. Giving some thoughts of heading to (with boat) and get some fishing in Wisconsin with daughter maybe come the first

Take care all
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4956 on: May 25, 2024, 05:59 PM »
No lake today as we were getting ready looked to the west and seen dark clouds rolling our way. Took the sxs out and did some driving around, the new doors. Windsheild, and rear window worked great. Seen one bull snake a few antelope, lots of birds and a rattler. The rattler did not make it. Might try and skin it and the wife wants to see how they taste. Forgot the shot shooter for the wife to shoot any that we seen. Maybe lake tomorrow or Monday. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4957 on: May 25, 2024, 09:39 PM »
 Good evening, warmer weather and humidity continued today believe T-storm chance on Monday. I had mark my Calander and still overlooked this a belated happy Anniversary to my fellow 9;45 members. May 20TH was our 10TH anniversary since Raquetttedacker started this thread back on May 20,2014 (Version @) of this thread had to be started to save server space. Now up to 1141 pages between the two versions.
hectic morning for me helping a friend who is out of the area this weekend visiting her mom's home and making sure she takes her morning medications and eats some type of breakfast. When I arrived around nine AM found out friend's mom has misplaced her hearing aids we did find one. Have to look around the house again tomorrow morning. I contacted friend to alert her of the problem also told her to contact the health aid who is coming in evening to give medication/evening meal about the problem. Never got to any of the Sectional lacrosse championship games. Thankfully able to watch the live stream of the day's last game. Warwick played Minisink Valley for the class B championship. Warwick took control in the first period and never let up winning the game 17- 7 goals. Warwick currently is the dominant team in Section 9 sitting at 16-1 record after today's game only loss was to a team from out of our section. Earlier in the season they defeated both of the teams playing for this years class A championship. The victory was the sixth straight championship for Warwick and their tenth time being a section champion in their program's history. state championship tournament starts next Saturday.

IFF glad the weather cooperated, and you were able to replace the deck boards and railing plus get first coat of paint applied.
Ice Wanderer may your range of motion increase as time passes with the therapy and new exercises. Good to read you have the trout lake deck's almost done and ready to move onto next project.
Hunts 2long very good news for your wife. best wished for your daughters if going on the water this weekend. May you have your boat out of storage and ready before to much of June is past.
Wallyworld may you be able to control the snails/slugs before your garden is to badly damaged this year. Best wished to the two of you on this year's benefit ride.
Eddie I hope you found the slug traps same wished for you and your garden. take it easy resuming chores around your home do not need any set back.
Fish/hunt4ever nice that things work out and you are free for the holiday weekend. once again Happy Birthday to your wife. A safe weekend at the lake wished for all of you.

Please take a moment this weekend to reflect on the reason for this holiday.

May everyone have a safe weekend . Best wished for all traveling and fishing.
    Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4958 on: May 26, 2024, 05:43 AM »
60* and sunny. Light shower last evening.

Saw my brother at Stewarts last night, his wife is doing OK. He was telling me that my nephew was woken up by a bear yesterday morning. He said it was a "big" one, tipped over one of his grain bins to get to the bird feed. He got the .357 out to run it off but it went into his car port and most of his lawn equipment is in there. It did run off.

I saw Sally (her husband Bill died last month), stopped and talked to her for awhile, she is doing fine and her some friends were going to a "The Man in Black" concert over in Caroga Lake last night. She said she is taking a bottle of water with a "little" shot of Scotch. She is a wild one for 87. Now I have to get the boat ready as she said she is looking forward to some walleyes.

Lindsay and Rocky are coming up for a cook out today. Pop opens, salads and the wife made a blueberry/raspberry pie.

Hope everyone enjoys the day be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4959 on: May 26, 2024, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....good to hear the bear left on it's own  :thumbsup:  enjoy the pie  ;D

MrC.....kudos for helping your friend's Mom  :bow:

Eddie.....I tried beer traps once, had some happy raccoons  :roflmao:

IFF....safe travels if you decide to visit your daughter  :thumbsup:

FH4.....can't even imagine dealing with rattlers, garter snakes are bad enough  :o :pinch: :nono: :%$#!:

Boat is all shiny again, ready for the next adventure  ;)2  more rainy weather last night, better to have showers at night than ruin the daylight hours  ::)

Might be 3 wheels today, we'll see  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4960 on: May 26, 2024, 04:43 PM »
  Good evening, everyone  :bow:

We took a ride to the shack today. The mosquitoes were thicker than a bowl of oatmeal and the woodticks were about the same. It looks like there is a good crop of bears hanging around :unsure:

Hope everyone is having a good Holiday weekend  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. Stay safe if traveling, the road idiots are out in full force.

&t=183s

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4961 on: May 26, 2024, 05:43 PM »
Windy today, wife got her book done for her easy peasy group, this is the kindergarten math book that people that want off line books can buy them from Amazon. We buy some each year so the kids can work and not be online while doing their work. Mowed the lawn then was checking the fixes to the irrigation pipe for the sprinklers and walked up on this one big bull snake. I thought about WW on the adventures at camp. This is the biggest one I have seen on the property. Well hopefully boat therapy tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4962 on: May 26, 2024, 06:53 PM »
I'd be packing my stuff and moving to Alaska  :o :pinch: :blink: :nono:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4963 on: May 26, 2024, 08:05 PM »
 Good evening nice day here with a high in the low eighties. Once I had given my friend's mother her morning medications and kept her occupied until a friend arrived to take her to church returned home pack up a few items and headed to my Sister and BIL's home. Thankfully traffic was light. When I reached the NY./NJ/ line traffic northbound already backing up this was around 11 AM . Nice time with sister and BIL cooked indoors but had hamburgers with chocolate brownies and ice cream for dessert. They are both doing well sister's leg healing nicely after the dog bite and BIL has completed his weekly treatments for the infection. It appears the infection was caught early enough that it responded easily to treatment . Traffic on my trip home was also light lucky for me I did not have to travel near Met-Life stadium area the Rolling Stones are doing a series of concerts this Holiday weekend assuming each one is sold out.
Hunts2long good to read that your SIL is doing alright best wished for her in getting back to good health. Nice that Sally has a support group to help her adjust to life without her husband. May the bear not become a regular visitor to your nephew's property.
Wallyworld thank you returning the favor for the times this friend heled my mother. Bringing back memories of things i delt with on a daily basis as both my friend's mom and mine have/had dementia. Nice job on the boat i need to wash my SUV local birds have left a few present not to mention pollen/spawning dandelions at this time of year. Even the lower priced beers have gone up in price not that cheap to use a slug beer trap these days. Guess the raccoon knew a good thing when they discovered your traps.
Whopper Stopper assume all of you have done a tick check and handled clothing as recommended to kill any ticks. Good diversity of wildlife at the shack .Thank you for the video.
Fish/hunt4ever not a bad idea to introduce today's youth to doing things without the use of internet. Your property must be good hunting area for that bull snake given it's size. Best wished for all of you at the lake tomorrow.

Like Whopper stopper mentioned stay alert if traveling this weekend I was passed by a group on motorcycles during trip home guessing they were traveling at 80 mph or higher on interstate 287.
Enjoy the rest of this Holiday weekend,
       Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4964 on: Today at 05:06 AM »
Morning all,

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4965 on: Today at 05:12 AM »

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4966 on: Today at 06:08 AM »
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4967 on: Today at 06:35 AM »
 :bow: :bow:  Happy Memorial Day Everyone!! :bow: :bow:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4968 on: Today at 06:51 AM »

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #4969 on: Today at 10:26 AM »

OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4970 on: Today at 11:39 AM »
Happy Memorial Day all, late start for my day.  Dang flys did a number on my hand while mowing the weeds, should have put bug spray on, now paying the price, got a swollen hand out of my mistake. But expect to survive being the swelling is 2 feet from my heart. Nothing is planned for today but an ice pack to maybe get the swelling down.

Sure hate the reaction I’m getting from the bites  :%$#!: :%$#!: :cookoo: :cookoo:
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.