The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Healy Today  (Read 5864 times)

Offline BIG WEST

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Healy Today
« Reply #30 on: Dec 19, 2010, 10:09 PM »
I am going to hit it tomorrow around 2ish maybe. Ill be down there for sure Friday around 11. Be in a black ice cube hut. Driven a red flatbed dodge. Come on over and say hi.
sounds like a plan. ill be in a green eskimo hut driving a white dodge. starting crack of dawn hopefully be able to have some fish by then.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 19, 2010, 10:28 PM »
Sorry Healy folks for getting off topic.  I was looking for Healy on google maps and can't find it - is it a tiny little lake?
I could not find it either, but google maps puts a pointer on the map when you search for it, then switch from map view to satellite and it will show up.
Don

Offline mountainman307

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fry
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2010, 09:38 AM »
Hey I asked Warren Mischke with the (GAF) Game And Fish. He said they didnt drop the 5,000 tiger muskie. Just about 20 eyes tho.
The Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world!
¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((º>                    
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((((º>   
.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((((((º>

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:52 AM »
WHAT!?!? A govt agency fail to follow thru on what they say!?!?  ;D

Offline Icephishwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 22, 2010, 11:35 AM »
From one bucket to another bucket LEAVE THE DESMET EYES ALONE!!! I would love for some walleye to be stocked in healy but not the way they are going about it now!

Offline sgpitman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 22, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Went up today and fished from about 1-4. Caught over 100 fish. Kept a few. Caught 1 bow. I have never seen a vex lite up like that and stay lit up that long. There was never a time we didn't have lots of fish under us. Lots of fun. Great place to take a newbie or a wife just to get them hooked on ice fishing.

Offline pokefan1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 22, 2010, 08:21 PM »
My kids and I hit the lake today with Iceneyes and his kids. Me and my kids alone caught and released over 150 perch. ;D Every once in awhile a splake would follow the perch to the hole and make things interesting. The splake look to have some decent size with the biggest one we saw being about 17 inches. Most looked to be around 14". The splake would bite on the jigs we just could not get hooked up with one :%$#!:

It was a great day, not much wind and the sun was out. The ice was a solid 10" of good clear ice covered with about 2" of snow.

There were a couple full size pickups driving on the ice and one was pulling a trailer so it must be safe ???

PF1

Keep calm and return fire...

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Hit up Healy today with my dad and the action was non-stop and very fun.  Caught a ton of perch like we used to at hattie, but they were just a little smaller on average.  We caught well over 150 and kept about 60-70 for the fryin pan(can't wait to fry them up tomorrow).  We only kept the bigger ones around 8-9inches and caught a few 12-13 inchers which was surprising. Caught all fish in 30 fow on anything we put down there.  The small ones aren't tough to clean if you know how to use an electric fillet knife, it only took us about 45 mins to clean all the fish.  I think more people should start keepin a few fish from healy because there are a ridiculous amount of small perch in there....IMO they won't get much bigger unless we/predator fish start to thin the population.  It was a great time.  Heading to Keyhole tomorrow to hopefully get into some eyes' and crappie..
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline ratfink1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep some, eat some, and let some go!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 24, 2010, 08:41 PM »
I like the electric filed knife it makes the work so much.

Offline Icefishur03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 26, 2010, 12:44 AM »
Whta is the prefered bait/lure in Healy. Im taking my girlfriend up there in the morning to catch a few perch. Feel free to stop by. We will be in a white Ford F-350 with Camo accents. Or the couple with the overly loving red aussie.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 26, 2010, 01:19 AM »
small jigs, and small raps and small spoons.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline sgpitman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 26, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Caught all mine on a shrimpo tipped with a maggot. My wife used a small gold Swedish pimple tipped with a waxie. I realy think they would hit about anything though.

Offline jiga_guppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 26, 2010, 09:25 PM »
A friend and I fished healy today. We were the second ones there. I was able to try out my new showdown, it worked great. I was glad to see that I have heard that some people have had trouble with them. I think between the two of us in the morning we must have caught 150 or more. The action was non stop, didn't seem to matter what up put in front of them they hit it. On Christmas eve we fished it and I kept 76. I cooked them for dinner tonight and they were AWSOME.
If you are going to cry be quick about it. Then get back to fishing.

Offline bull perch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 26, 2010, 10:42 PM »
went out about noon today with the wife and kids when we got there we counted fifty three vehicles and double that in people :o.
we caught them with eny thing we droped keep 20 perch to try out my new electric fillet knife ;D caught one 16 inch splake

Offline eyeman316

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 26, 2010, 10:57 PM »
where is Healy anyways

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 26, 2010, 11:07 PM »
You guys leave some for me ;D. I plan on taking my grand kids over there on the 9th if the weather is nice they have been asking me to take them every time I load up my stuff. Maybe since the word is out we can put a dent in the population and have some decent perch again.

Offline Icefishur03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 27, 2010, 12:07 AM »
The fishing today was absolutely insane! My girlfriend and I caught around 200 perch. Not a one over 7" though. Everything we dropped down the hole brought up a perch. The best thing we found that was unbaited was those tiny fish shaped gitzits in pink or orange. At any given moment throughout the day we never had less than 4 fish lighting up the hummingbird. THANKS HEALY!!!!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 27, 2010, 12:31 AM »
guys, how is the water clarity on healy for underwater cameras? I want to give my wife a good memory with the kids, just so she knows why honey do lists should never be attempted during ice season ;D be safe and thank you !!!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 27, 2010, 02:00 PM »
I could see my jigs well over 10' of water and was sight fishing schools of perch coming in around that level a few weeks ago. Not sure what clarity one needs with a cam though, hth.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:55 PM »
I could see my jigs well over 10' of water and was sight fishing schools of perch coming in around that level a few weeks ago. Not sure what clarity one needs with a cam though, hth.
thanks, sounds way better than perch water that I have tried around here. thanks again!!!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 27, 2010, 07:36 PM »
If you use a flip or shanty of some sort, you'll see trout shooting through beneath you quite often. Every now and then when dropping my jig back down I'd stop and jig a few times below the ice 2-3 foot or so and BANG! A rainbow would hit lol. Haven't caught a splake yet though looking forward to seeing one "up close" soon. May head out there tomorrow afternoon if I can get away.

Offline Ryan4653

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Looking to try Healy this weekend, havn't seen any posts for a few days.  Just looking for some info on the bite if anyone has a report 8).  Also looking at DeSmet if anybody has an ice report I sure would appreciate it!

Offline IcenEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's A Friggin Record Breaker.
« Reply #52 on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:58 AM »
I hit it Yesterday from 11:00 to 4:00. Very tough bite, still caught 40+ and kept 20 to eat. I think the Weather had them fairly pinned down. I would guess that by the weekend they will be back to 5' thick on the Vex.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 31, 2010, 10:06 AM »
I hit it Yesterday from 11:00 to 4:00. Very tough bite, still caught 40+ and kept 20 to eat. I think the Weather had them fairly pinned down. I would guess that by the weekend they will be back to 5' thick on the Vex.

funny you say that,   The wife and I were there on Wednesday and it was off the hook when we got there @ 8 am, but by 1130 they really slowed down on the bite.  I bet we easily caught 150 between the 2 of us.  We both had fun and I have some fillets to eat up now. 
Don

Offline Ryan4653

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Dec 31, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Thanks for the report! ;D

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 31, 2010, 10:27 PM »
anyone going sat. ??? thinking about it myself, but what a drive. :-\

Offline bull perch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 01, 2011, 10:00 PM »
fished today good day to stay in the shanty by the the heater ;D hammered perch allday kep 46 all around 9 inches  :icefish: caught two nice rainbows but thay were to slimy and floopy to get picks :woot:

Offline Iceman77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 20, 2011, 11:53 PM »
Where have you been fishing on the lake, I haven't caught one trout there this year.

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Proud Gawker of the BIKINI ICE FISHING TEAM !!
« Reply #58 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:03 AM »
Where have you been fishing on the lake, I haven't caught one trout there this year.

used to icefish Healy way back....When it was made a " Trophy " artificial only fishery we quit making the drive....we never caught perch....but trout up to 5 1/2 pounds.....may have to rethink Healy but when you live @ Keyhole its kinda hard to make a 2 hour drive.....only wish there were good perch fishing before.....WHERE did all these perch come from ???

Offline IcenEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's A Friggin Record Breaker.
« Reply #59 on: Jan 21, 2011, 07:07 AM »
TL, The G&F put some Perch in a wetland pond near Buffalo. The Perch got into the overflow and into Clear Creek that feeds Healy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.