Author Topic: Southeast  (Read 6236 times)

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Southeast
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:49 PM »
by the weather report tonight this coming weekend should be good going , lets see fish friday afternoon , sat and sunday YeeHaa

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Nice work Yote,  I was out on Twin today and we had a quad and trailer out there.  Saw a bunch of fish but nothing big and caught a few walleye.
Rippin' Lips and Jerkin' Jaws

Offline FrozenFisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:22 AM »
Yote,
I was kinda thinking the same thing in regards to Marindahl.  Once it freezes over it can be a fun lake to fish.  We had decent luck last year.  Ill probably be checking out Burbank Lake next week, Ill keep you informed on how we do.
""

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2012, 08:34 AM »
Thinking about marindahl, twin, or wall this weekend. anyone interested?
keep yer stick on the ice.

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2012, 03:22 PM »
thinking about marindahl and burbank , I get off work at 1:30 on friday so it will be load and go  :icefish:

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2012, 08:10 PM »
rags,

I cant hit the ice until Saturday and Sunday. We started football again already. Let me know how you do Friday then I will possibly see you out there Sat morning.

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Just got off the phone with Captain Norms. He said Lake Yankton still aint safe. Anyone checked it lately?

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:52 PM »
fished burbank for an hour and half  not one bite , I went down to the south end and found 4 ft of water. 6 to 7 inches of ice , saying 20 to 30 mph winds tomarrow

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2012, 08:28 PM »
I fished Burbank today for a few hours. 7 inches of ice and 6 ft of water. Caught about a dozen keeper bluegill. Going to fish Island in the morning

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 22, 2012, 07:59 PM »
I was there yesterday morning and not a bite , I am going to have to learn that lake LOL

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:55 AM »
The bite seemed off yesterday. We fished Island yesterday for about 3 hours. Never found the fish. We went and tried twin for a couple hours after and couldn't buy a bite there either. Lots of good ice on twin though. Even saw a truck out there. Anyone do any good anywhere yesterday?

Offline duckhuntrrus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 27, 2012, 03:25 PM »
Yote I might have to look you up sometime.  I will be moving to the area soon and am excited to find all of the local fishing spots.

Matt
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat or on the ice and drink beer all day.

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 29, 2012, 04:08 PM »
id be more than happy to show you around

Offline gotb8t

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
« Reply #43 on: Jan 30, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has been out to Lake Yankton to check on the ice?

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 30, 2012, 03:11 PM »
gotb8t

i was out there the other day and there was no one on the ice. I stopped in at Captain Norms and they said it's not safe. I am going to go ahead and say we might not fish Lake Yankton through the ice this year especially since its almost 60 degrees out right now.

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:14 PM »
Some hard water..... for now. Went out and checked Burbank and Marindahl today. Burbank had 3 inches of strong ice and Marindahl had 1". Both were completely locked up. Any reports from farther north? Island, Twin, 81-ponds?

Offline Water and ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:25 PM »
Going to check mc cook on my way into work in sioux city will post tomorrow morning what is see. Hoping to be on ice on Sunday.

Offline B010699

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Dec 11, 2012, 03:05 AM »
Newbie here, gonna try to get into ice fishing this season for the first time, so I'm glad to see a thread regarding the southeast... I'm not sure which water has the fish but I checked out lake Alvin(close to me) yesterday afternoon and it was frozen, but I didn't have a chance to check the depth of the ice.  I'm hoping to go out and check some other spots tomorrow while making an attempt at a final duck hunt for the season...if anyone knows of decent places to check let me know and I will post what I find...and if there's any advice for someone who is trying to get into the sport I'm all ears

Offline Water and ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 11, 2012, 06:12 AM »
It can be expensive to get into and its addictive. The main purchase is your equipment and which one to purchase first. I bought a gas auger first then the wife got me a vexilar for Christmas  and then I finally got a shack. Fist was a pop up hub. Nice shack the only problem I had was heating it. I have a big buddy heater that used a one pound tank. The tank would freeze up after a couple of hours. Switching tanks was getting to be a pain. So I got the hose and hooked it up to a 20 pound tank never had a problem since.

I was lucky and had a friend who ice fished and he taught me a lot.

Offline Water and ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:16 AM »
Checked Mc Cook lake this morning. Frozen over didnt check the ice thickness. WOW has the water level dropped.

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Dec 11, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Checked Mc Cook lake this morning. Frozen over didnt check the ice thickness. WOW has the water level dropped.

Was going to mention this yesterday but I forgot until I read this. Marindahl is down almost 10 feet it seems like. Anyone know where  the fish might concentrate out there?

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Dec 11, 2012, 09:51 AM »
In front of tr dam is always a good place to start. Glad to hear things are freezing up. You didn't wet a line did you Yote? The fact that McCook is so low is a little disheartening just because it wasnt very deep to begin with.

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 11, 2012, 09:53 AM »
http://forum.dakotaangler.com/index.php?topic=13205.msg121886;topicseen#msg121886. Looks to me like 81 ponds may be fishable if try are fishing on brush.  I'd take the risk and drive up there. If not there are other sloughs around that would surely be frozen.

Offline NB7314

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Dec 12, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Anyone got an ice report for Alvin?

Offline majormaj

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They just call me Major.
« Reply #54 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:26 PM »
It was open on saturday and froze over on sunday the 9th.  And it hasnt been super cold here.  Havent actually checked the thickness.

Offline B010699

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:36 PM »
I went to Alvin yesterday, was able to kick through the ice a few yards from shore and it was 2.5 maybe 3 inches....still pretty unstable...warm weather couldn't have helped today

Offline B010699

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 13, 2012, 06:24 PM »
Anyone been to loss lake south of humboldt, or know how thick the ice is?  I've been told that there are fish to be caught there?

Offline NB7314

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Dec 13, 2012, 06:52 PM »
alvin had about 2 inches of ice.

Offline Yote

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Dec 24, 2012, 01:16 AM »
Anyone checked out Lake Yankton? Would like to wet a line out there soon.

Offline rags

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Dec 24, 2012, 08:16 AM »
try calling Capt. norms

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.