The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Little advice  (Read 859 times)

Offline zorchester21

• Team IceShanty Regular
Little advice
« on: Dec 19, 2013, 03:26 PM »
Hey i was wondering if someone here could help me out. I've been wanting to get into fishing for yellow perch and maybe a few bluegill. Ive never jigged on the lake by my house with any success and was wondering what to use for bait, and where to fish for them. Here is the survey for the lake.
http://www.maine.gov/ifw/fishing/lakesurvey_maps/androscoggin/taylor_pond.pdf
I do have a flasher that i use to jig for touge if that helps at all.Thanks in advance.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Little advice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2013, 04:32 PM »
I am out the door but for bait a wax worm is hard to beat.

WS

Offline zorchester21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2013, 04:40 PM »
Would i use any type of jig to put that on?

Offline zorchester21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2013, 11:30 AM »
no one can tell me where to fish on this lake ? :-\

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2013, 02:27 PM »
perch can be found where the walleyes are. generally mud flats humps & the occasional rock pile. i don't focus on them unless I'm on Lake of the woods. waxies & spoons, or small jigs. Good luck

Offline Eroy4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2013, 05:10 AM »
Are you from Maine? My grandparents live on the lake and I have have fished since I was young kid. There are no bluegill in the lake, but there are plenty of big white and yellow perch.

Pm me if you have any questions.

By the way it is also artificial lures only till January first!

Offline zorchester21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2013, 03:28 PM »
i do live on this lake and it was my mistake to put bluegill ::) in my family we use the term loosely to mean pumpkinseed and redbreasted sunfish along with bluegill. About 10 years ago someone stocked the lake (illegally) with pike. Over the years white perch have become more and more scarce :(. We do catch them from time to time , and when we do they are huge. We still do have a abundance of yellow perch and huge sunfish, and since nobody on the lake fishes for them i wanted to  give it a try.

Offline Eroy4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2013, 05:09 PM »
i do live on this lake and it was my mistake to put bluegill ::) in my family we use the term loosely to mean pumpkinseed and redbreasted sunfish along with bluegill. About 10 years ago someone stocked the lake (illegally) with pike. Over the years white perch have become more and more scarce :(. We do catch them from time to time , and when we do they are huge. We still do have a abundance of yellow perch and huge sunfish, and since nobody on the lake fishes for them i wanted to  give it a try.

Well hopefully I will see you on the lake sometime this winter. I did not realize that bluegill where put in the lake as well, I mostly target pike in there during the winter, but will occasionally jig for bass and perch to kill time.

Good luck with your season

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.