New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Oneida Lake Experiment  (Read 1090 times)

Offline herefishy16

• IceShanty Rookie
Oneida Lake Experiment
« on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:33 PM »
Hi I am a high school student taking an Environmental and Forestry class. I am required to do a project of my choice. I have 4 months to collect my data and I was looking for a little help from all you fishermen! My project is to see if there is a correlation between the temperatures of the lake and the catch rate of walleye and perch on Oneida Lake. If you could please leave your information on this post that would be very helpful. All I need is your location, # of each type of fish caught, temperature (if known), and your fishing effort (including how long and the hours you were out there on whatever day). I will also be roaming the ice interviewing fishermen about this same information so you will probably see me out there! Thanks for the help!  :tipup:

Offline sunshine

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Oneida Lake Experiment
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2007, 08:40 PM »
Are you just looking for ice fishing data or are you also looking for open water data. If your 4 months has already started you are going to lose a lot of transitional info during the open water season. Let us know what your actual time frame is so we can help you out.

Offline jennsater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2007, 09:39 PM »
yep ok

Offline fishit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2007, 10:09 PM »
Herefishy16'
 I think a great deal of that information may already be available thru your DEC office. Give them a call and ask about creel survey/Temperature information. They may have hours fish/catch numbers for you then you can correlate that info with the USGS site that tracks water flows, levels and temps. Just a thought but hey what do I know.

Good Luck,

Fish it
.. Go away or I shall taunt you a second time...

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2007, 08:47 AM »
I would suggest calling the Cornell biological field station at Shackeltons point.  They can help you out might be able to drop a load of data in your lap that has already been taken.

Good luck

T

Offline badlab1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2007, 02:30 PM »
Lurker!!!! Sorry, just kidding--sounds like a great project....Good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.