Author Topic: Aqua Vu Scout XL downviewing question  (Read 2289 times)

Offline jerrygeb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get outside!
Aqua Vu Scout XL downviewing question
« on: Dec 16, 2005, 09:40 AM »
Just got my Scout XL from Cabelas yesterday. Battery is on the charger, and I'm hoping I can get some use this weekend. The camera has extra holes, one presumably for tipping the camera for downviewing use.

How does everyone else rig their camera for downviewing?

Seems I've heard of attaching a hook for the cable, but the camera didn't come with any hook attachment. I was going to rig up some cable ties to aim the camera, but it seems clumsy.

Thanks in advance.

ps, if my digital camera has an input, I'll post some pics from the Scout.
Too many hobbies, and too little time!

Offline shellback

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Aqua Vu Scout XL downviewing question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2005, 11:08 AM »
I don't know about the scout but I just got the sv-100 and it comes with a downviewing fin that you bolt to the back fin and that's the part that has the hook for the cable.

Offline jerrygeb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get outside!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Got it shellback, thanks.

For about the first time ever, I read the instructions first and it wasn't mentioned. It's designed the same way.

Ready to try it out. If not this weekend, the next should be safe.

Offline settlepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Someone on here uses a ziptie and ties the tale with the cable, says it works good.  Still waiting for my scout.

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2005, 12:18 PM »
I also have a Aqua Vu Scout, it came with a clear "fin" that bolts to the rear.  When this is attached, you can insert the cord and the camera will hang straight down.

Hope this helps,

Wiener

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2005, 08:37 PM »
I only use my aqua-vu using the downviewing fin. I find it to be the best way(unless you have the ice pod or mo-po).

Offline jerrygeb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get outside!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Mac,
I had time to play around with it a bit this weekend seeing I wasn't trusting the ice yet.
For side viewing, just suspend the camera as it is at whatever depth you'd like.
For downviewing, just clip the cable in the clear plastic fin as shellback mentioned. Then suspend it as deep as you'd like just like sight fishing.

Either way, I just ordered the ice-pod (non-motorized style). Seems like I'd be fooling around with the cable way too much to get it aimed correctly for side viewing. I fish mostly shallow waters so side viewing is probably how I'd use it most.

Can't wait to try it on the ice. I've got this idea of jigging for pannies in the Clam, while I run the camera over to one of the tip-ups set for pike so I can watch the sucker get slammed.

What a cool product. If it's rugged, I'll be happy with it.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2005, 03:02 PM »
I never thought about it that way...It would be kinda cool to set it up watching your tip-up bait. then you could use the Vex and keep slamming perch while running some survelance on your tip-up...Not a bad idea..it would be alot easier then constantly crainging my neck to keep an eye open for flags

Offline bigbrother

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2005, 09:29 PM »
Please explain this more to me in detail.
I just bought a Scout.
Do you simply stick the fish camera into the hole a few feet and are looking down at the bottom.
Just like when you site fish looking down your hole in shallow water.
Thanks.
Mac
tou got it mac, you're going to love it.

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:48 AM »
Mac,
I had time to play around with it a bit this weekend seeing I wasn't trusting the ice yet.
For side viewing, just suspend the camera as it is at whatever depth you'd like.
For downviewing, just clip the cable in the clear plastic fin as shellback mentioned. Then suspend it as deep as you'd like just like sight fishing.

Either way, I just ordered the ice-pod (non-motorized style). Seems like I'd be fooling around with the cable way too much to get it aimed correctly for side viewing. I fish mostly shallow waters so side viewing is probably how I'd use it most.

Can't wait to try it on the ice. I've got this idea of jigging for pannies in the Clam, while I run the camera over to one of the tip-ups set for pike so I can watch the sucker get slammed.

What a cool product. If it's rugged, I'll be happy with it.

Jerry:  I picked up the ice-pod two years ago and used it extensively last season with my Scout.  You will be very happy with your purchase as it works fine.  Be aware that the camera does drift once in awhile, so adjustments of the cable are necessary now and then. 

This year I am hoping Santa brings the Ice-pod2 (motorized).  This way I have the option to set up the camera, outside the shanty and control it from within utilizing the remote.  Just something to think about.
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:56 AM »
I was looking at the icepod2...but with such a variance in price I could not turn down the old icepod...let me see $14.99 or $114.99

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2005, 07:59 AM »
I was looking at the icepod2...but with such a variance in price I could not turn down the old icepod...let me see $14.99 or $114.99

;D!  That was the exact logic I used when I purchased the non-motorized one ;)

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2005, 10:31 AM »
I also got the icepod w/ my SRT this year and would definitely not want to be without it.  It makes the whole camera viewing experience 10x better and the pod is definitely rugged enough for what you'll use it for...

Offline pikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Whats the pod do?

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Whats the pod do?
Pikeman:  The "pod" is a product made by Nature Vision (Aqua Vu).  You can view both the non and motorized version at:  http://www.thornebros.com/winter/electronics/cameras/aquavu_accessories.html

Basically, it is a tri-pod which allows you to attach your Aqua Vu camera cable at whatever depth you set.  Then by either manually turning (non-Mo Pod) or by hitting the remote (motorized Mo-Pod) you are able to view anywhere in a 360 degree circle. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.