Author Topic: Rainy day fishing  (Read 966 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Rainy day fishing
« on: Jan 11, 2014, 04:14 PM »
Left my house at around 6:00, the roads were scary at best but just puttered along at a snails pace to the pond. I arrived to about a 1/2" of slush (which turned into an 1 1/2" of water by noon) on top of 14" of ice and it wasn't raining so the trek out and setup was a dry one. Got three flags right away then nothing for a couple hours  then became steady action from there. Got around 10 fish total of Larrys, Yellows, and a couple slime darts. The Bayrunner kept me nice and dry though I did go over all the stitching with seam sealer last night Also got the puppy out for her first fishing excursion, she toughed out the rain and cold from the ice on her paws pretty well but was also equally happy curled up napping in front of the buddy heater lol.

Jezzi's first fish up close and personal, and my first fish with a PK, managed a few more Yellows on it as well.

Got kinda creepy yet peaceful when the fog rolled in

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Hardwata

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Rainy day fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2014, 04:27 PM »
nice larry's, I like that shappell too.

Offline PapaAthona

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2014, 04:37 PM »
Nice bass

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Great report and fish, but I think the first pick with your buddy poking his head out is my favorite. :thumbsup: Glad you had a great AND safe day.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2014, 05:41 PM »
Thanks fellas

Great report and fish, but I think the first pick with your buddy poking his head out is my favorite. :thumbsup: Glad you had a great AND safe day.

LOL, yeah she was waiting for me to put out an eyebolt to tie her to... Can't let a beagle off a leash or the first instant you look away they'll follow a chipmunk trail three towns over, once the nose catches something they go blind and deaf lol.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Thanks fellas

LOL, yeah she was waiting for me to put out an eyebolt to tie her to... Can't let a beagle off a leash or the first instant you look away they'll follow a chipmunk trail three towns over, once the nose catches something they go blind and deaf lol.

Oh YEAH, And forget it if they make eye contact with a bunny. LOL!
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Good report Stealth.
I'm a big fan of the last pic!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2014, 09:00 PM »
Glad to see you landed a few for your efforts in tough conditions.  Great Pic of the pooch!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.