Author Topic: Fish Trap Pro  (Read 2997 times)

Offline pasch1bm

• IceShanty Rookie
Fish Trap Pro
« on: Feb 02, 2009, 07:53 AM »
Has anyone installed a second seat into their pro? I am thinking of picking up a pro and adding a second matching seat instead of going with the new guide and the bench seat. With the slide rail system I think it wouldn't be too much of an issue to add a second seat for when you have another person tagging along for an afternoon. Is it doable and fishable with two guys in there?
Just roll em in some Drakes!

Offline wally chaser 3

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fish Trap Pro
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2009, 08:32 AM »
I would think it'd be tough to fish 2 out of a pro. I dont see why you're idea with the seat wouldn't work, but unless its a small kid it might get crowded. I bought a pro this year and would have went with the guide if it wasn't for the bench seat.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2009, 08:35 AM »
I would think it'd be tough to fish 2 out of a pro. I dont see why you're idea with the seat wouldn't work, but unless its a small kid it might get crowded. I bought a pro this year and would have went with the guide if it wasn't for the bench seat.
I have the guide with the bench and love it.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline KgBnY315

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2009, 01:12 PM »
i have the pro myself and fish it with 2 people in it all the time. as for 2nd seat hmmmmmmm dunno if theres enough room. my buddy sits on his bucket next to me

Offline juniatabassman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2009, 04:22 PM »
i have the pro and fish two out of it kind of cramped but possible. a second seat might be stretching it a bit. Like KG said my buddy also sits on a bucket or sometimes i take my dove hunting stool along. But heck it could be worth a try. I didn't see the new guide but i don't think i would like that bench seat.
                                              Just my 2 cents

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2009, 04:26 PM »
the new bench seat on the guide is OK, but its heavy and uncomfortable.

as for adding a second seat to the pro, just make your buddy sit on a bucket.  I take the seats right out of mine and bring a bucket to sit on when i am walking out a long way in deep snow.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2009, 05:11 PM »

I've had my Pro for I guess 7 years now .. maybe more. I love the old style with removable seat and rails that slide to the rear. If my son wanted to join me, when he was smaller, I just removed the seat and we sat on the rails. I've contacted Clam stating this was a much better design and they should bring it back but I guess it fell on deaf ears. If my tub/top wears out I'll just buy new but use my old seat system.
Here's a link to some pics : Tips 

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline dgb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Gill Time!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2009, 08:21 PM »
I have a guide and a pro. And honestly when I fish by myself I am finding I still take out my guide. By the time I load all my gear....heater, auger, vex, etc. I find the guide is much easier to pull with the same weight in it as the pro with the smaller sled base. So if you want a pro for when you fish by yourself you may want to just stick with your guide.....the only problem I have with my guide is it is a later model and when I site fish the guide lets in more light.....I understand the fabric was changed since I bought my guide and all this problem has been takin care of with newer models though. So when sight fishing I take my pro.

Offline pasch1bm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2009, 06:45 AM »
Thanks for all the replys. I think I will be going with a second guide for the added room as it sounds like fishing two would be pretty tight and it is not that much easier of a shack to use when fishing solo. I will be using the trap link system on these regularaly and will let you all know how we like it.
Just roll em in some Drakes!

Offline Clam Corp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2009, 09:58 PM »
You could always put a Fish Trap Jump Seat in there with the original Pro seat... or two Jump Seats would fit fine in a pinch too.
Phone: 763-231-4120
Fax: 763-231-4121
Email: [email protected]

Clam Customer Service and FAQ Information
Clam Parts and Services
Clam's FAQ

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2009, 10:09 PM »
Thanks for all the replys. I think I will be going with a second guide for the added room as it sounds like fishing two would be pretty tight and it is not that much easier of a shack to use when fishing solo. I will be using the trap link system on these regularaly and will let you all know how we like it.

I own a guide and it would be awesome for fishing by yourself in. My only problem was that it wouldn't fit into my jeep. When I fish with friends they own big enough cars to fit the guide, but when I go alone I can fit my scout into the trunk of the jeep

Offline trapper_max

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jun 11, 2009, 01:52 PM »
ive fished with two people in my SCOUT. and im 210 and my buddy is about 150, i sat in the seat and he sat on a bucket. kinda cramped, but doable in bad weather.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #12 on: Jun 11, 2009, 03:51 PM »
A friend and I fished out of my Pro, once! Basically to get out of the wind breifly, tight! If you plan on two even occasionally I would bump up to a larger Shanty.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.