Author Topic: what shack would you go with...  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Evan Turner

• IceShanty Rookie
what shack would you go with...
« on: Dec 08, 2006, 06:30 PM »
as of now i am looking at 2 different 8x8 shacks im looking at... the first looks a little better on the outside, has plywood walls, carpeted floor, a light electric outlit but no heating :-\  asking 200.

the 2nd shack is a little less nice on the outside, has the fake wood siding, plywood floors, tin roof, and comes with woodstove. asking price is 250.

what do yall think is a better deal??? ???

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
Re: what shack would you go with...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2006, 06:37 PM »
I would buy them both and attatch them to each other ;D Thats a dang good buy for either of them,I would buy the one you would most like to see your name on when you pull up to it. Sounds like they will both keep you warm and out of the wind(pics for the first one didnt work for me)

Offline Evan Turner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2006, 09:58 AM »
well the first one doesnt have a heater but i do like the look and carpeting better

but i think im going to go with the 2nd one and then probably put a new coat of paint over her and maybe if i really feel the need put some old carpeting in.

but does anyone know how to build a bed/bencht hat fold up for a storage space?

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2006, 10:30 AM »
take and build a 2X4 Rectangle 1" shorter than the wall its going ons length, and as wide as you need it to be,then place 1/2 or 3/4 inch ply over 1 side. (make sure you make it smaller than the side of a shanty.....a little bit off and it will get stuck) Then take and cut 4 pieces of 2X4 and attach them to the walls in the 4 corners of where you want the bench to Lay on. this is to support the bench's weight with you on it and mounts out of the way along the outter walls, attach to outter walls it only has to be attached enough to be upright, the external wall shouldnt not have any weight on it.....Some people use hinges to swing the bench up out of place, however, if you do this you limit adding padding to it. so intead use padding that can be removed. use 2 hingesone about a foot from each end, and add a hook and eye lock like this to hold it in place when its upright.....use more than 1 so it doesnt accidently come down. http://www.kiddieproofers.com/items/kiddie%20proofers%20046.jpg

first measure and attach all 2X4s to the outter wall where the corners of the box will rest. then set the frame you made with the plywood attached on it. snug it to the wall but allow the ends to not touch either side. rotate it up w/o hinges to make sure it will go without snagging the sides. if it will, lower it back, snug it to wall and install hinges to the top of the plywood and the sidewall still visible. Make sure and use some Decent size hinges. after the hinges are attached with 1 screw in each side of hinge both hinges, test it using 2 people (to keep it square)to make sure your bed hasnt shifted. if everything is still good, lower it down and add remaining screws. Fold it back up along wall and while 2nd person is hold it against wall, mount 2 or 3 hook and eye locks. Project is completed outside of padding.

Hope you can visualize what i tried to explain. If not tell me what you dont understand and i'll try and explain it better/differently.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.