Author Topic: Floor for Flipover---Heater proof  (Read 1272 times)

Offline jon johnson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "He says you fish poorly."
Floor for Flipover---Heater proof
« on: Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 PM »
Sorry if this is repetitive but I did a couple of searches and came up empty.  I've got a one man flipover and use a Mr. Heater for warmth.  The heater is low to the ice and there is quite a bit of melting.  What would be a good material to keep the ice from melting so much?  I was thinking about a chunk of the heavy rubber mat material but wasn't sure whether that would melt or not.   Ideas?  Thanks.
Clam Thermal X--Ski Doo Summit---Vexilar FL-12

Offline truckhuntfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You'll have that
Re: Floor for Flipover---Heater proof
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:10 PM »
i went to wally world and got a couple of home door mats with rubber backing. keeps your feet off the ice and water doesnt get to your feet
-Truckin , Huntin , and Fishin , That's how I roll

Ha Haa Haaa  Did that hurt right away ???

Offline michlw39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:38 AM »
I use cheap, generic car-floor mats. Works great. You can pick these up for under $5 a piece in your average retail store. As mentioned, rubber welcome mats work great as well.

Offline Liter Of Cola

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2011, 09:37 AM »
This is what I do for my portable Mr. Heater --

Get a milk crate and cut it down to about 3 inches high. The heater fits perfectly inside the crate.  Then when you're on the ice you flip the crate over and set the heater on the bottom of the crate.  Keeps it up off the ice, nothing melts bottom stays cool and doesn't get wet.

You can also cut the side a little more where the propane bottle hangs and then you can leave the bottle on the heater.

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2011, 11:31 PM »
This is what I do for my portable Mr. Heater --

Get a milk crate and cut it down to about 3 inches high. The heater fits perfectly inside the crate.  Then when you're on the ice you flip the crate over and set the heater on the bottom of the crate.  Keeps it up off the ice, nothing melts bottom stays cool and doesn't get wet.

You can also cut the side a little more where the propane bottle hangs and then you can leave the bottle on the heater.

That sounds like a great idea!  I am concerned how the heater gets beat up in the sled during transport, and just don't want to spend $30 or so on a carry case.  Get's it up off the ice and holds it snug during transport...I'll have to find a crate and give it a try.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.