Author Topic: Fish Trap Guide Trap Link  (Read 1199 times)

Offline pasch1bm

• IceShanty Rookie
Fish Trap Guide Trap Link
« on: Jan 27, 2009, 08:38 AM »
I have one of last years guides that I bought this fall and I am wondering what other models I can connect to with the Trap link system? I am thinking of picking up another shanty for more room with big groups but would like to be able to connect to it. Does this years model guide (bench seat) have the trap link system as well? From what I understand you can only hook certain models together. Anyone use the trap link system on a guide and how do you like it?
Just roll em in some Drakes!

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fish Trap Guide Trap Link
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2009, 10:16 AM »
I have a new guide with the bench seat that I use a trap link to connect to my pro. You can only connect the guide to the pro or to another guide. It works quite well for connecting my pro, no complaints.

Offline mpriceless7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2009, 12:45 PM »
I have one but its still in the box, they work ok ????
[IMG]

Offline pasch1bm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2009, 05:25 PM »
Mix123 - Seems you have the exact setup I am looking at getting. I have a guide but often end up either fishing alone or with 4 people. I am thinking I may buy a pro end of this year when I can find one cheaper and use it with the trap link to hook my two together when I have the 4 people. I like the idea of having the smaller pro for when I go out by myself - just not sure if we could cram two people into the pro for an afternoon of fishing? I am sure we could as we have been craming 4 into the guide on the frigid weekends of late and if we can do that for several hours we could certainly go with a guide and a pro. Do you think I would be better off getting another guide for the comfort or the pro so I have more versatitly - I am definetly leaning towards the pro just not sure how it works for fishing two people - none of us are too big so that will help. Also seems crazy that the pro is still selling for $300-350, I bought my guide brand new in November for $249 so it is hard to justify spending more $$$ for the smaller trap.
Just roll em in some Drakes!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.