Author Topic: ice auger gone wild fiasco on lake of the woods, march 2008  (Read 2643 times)

Offline whitts-end

• IceShanty Rookie

I posted it because it is a very funny piece - educational in the sense that it teaches you NOT to let go of the auger handle when dealing with "sticky" ice.  I can't believe we got this on video!

Disclaimer:  This link on youtube does contain a kuss word or two...  Due to the rules of the forum, I would ask that you view this with the sound off due to language.  If the moderator wishes to 86 this post, I fully understand, but it is pretty hilarious. :)  If you do get rid of the post, I appoligize in advance for posting it....

Whittsend

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ice auger gone wild fiasco on lake of the woods, march 2008
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2008, 01:26 PM »
Got to pull the auger out to clean ice chips out a time or two. Make shure to check the throttle linkage too. ;D

Lots of ice, don't know if it would have made it though.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2008, 01:42 PM »
A good ad for ice gator there  let go it stops!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline whitts-end

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2008, 03:36 PM »
Got to pull the auger out to clean ice chips out a time or two. Make shure to check the throttle linkage too. ;D

Lots of ice, don't know if it would have made it though.

the ice chips in the hole really wasn't the issue.. we had already drilled a few other holes (and fully cleared them out) without succes... we just happened to hit a really bad patch of bottom ice...  We moved 100 yards, and were able to drill right through, no issues.....

letting the auger go crazy and kicking off the throttle bar, on the other hand.... well, yes, that was a dumba$$ move... :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.