Author Topic: Cascade 2/6-2/8  (Read 1398 times)

Offline DoveMan

• IceShanty Rookie
Cascade 2/6-2/8
« on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Fished Cascade Friday night, Saturday from 11-5, and Sunday from 11-1. Total was 7 fish for me all weekend. 1 12" perch, 1 13" smallmouth bass, and 5 3" perch. All caught jigging with waxworms. Saturday had guys is our group get a 3lb rainbow and a 12" coho. Heard it was slow for most. All my fish were in 35-45 fow. Looked like lots of small perch on the vex that wouldn't bite, or come more than a foot off bottom.

Good luck to those fishing in the tourney this upcoming weekend.

Offline BSUBOB

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cascade 2/6-2/8
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2009, 09:22 PM »
I fished Cascade on Sunday.  I fished the south end of the lake got about 12 perch all good ones 11- 12 inches. I also got one trout about 12inches.  The perch were on the bottom in 25ft. of water.  They were really biting light really had to work hard for them but it was a gorgeous day had alot of fun.  Has anybody caught fish by the dam? I went by there but nobody was fishing. I was using nightcrawlers and a ratso. Good luck guys have fun on the hardwater.

Offline DoveMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:11 PM »
When I was up there at that time, the majority of the perch I caught and the SMB came from by the dam. Didn't know the lake too well, but thought the deep water by the dam would hold some fish.

Offline Iceman714

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:12 PM »
I fished the derby this past weekend, caught plenty of trout just none more than 1.5 lbs.  I fished Friday night of the 13th from 5p-9p not a single bite, Saturday I was on the ice a 6a-7p and caught 14 a mix of coho and rainbows mostly .5 lb at 12" but couldn't catch a perch or a large trout to save my life, Sunday was on the ice a 7a-2:30p only 1  a coho at 1.5 lbs.  Key biting times for the weekend seemed to be 7:30a-8a and 3p-3:30p.  I was fishing just north of Blue Heron only 40yds out onto the ice fishing the channel at 15-25'.  Heard the Dam was doing pretty good, I was just to lazy to go down there and have had bad luck with the ice down there in the past.  Saw a guy bring a Rainbow into tackle toms that was just over 4 lbs caught by sugarloaf but he had not entered into the derby (bummer for him). Well that was my last for the year so good luck to the die hards and have a good season

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.