Author Topic: Garmin Transducers  (Read 861 times)

Offline rosen88

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it swims, I'm interested
Garmin Transducers
« on: Jan 26, 2021, 02:05 PM »
Hi all!

For those of you that use Garmin units, is the GT10HN-IF transducer better for deep water jigging (i.e. lake trout) than the GT8HW-IF?

Last year I bought the Garmin Striker 5 ice fishing bundle and have been loving it so far! My only complaint is that whenever I'm fishing in more than 25ft, I get a lot of interference on the bottom, and have to raise the gain way up. This hasn't be too much of a hassle as I've been mostly jigging for crappies and perch to this point, but I've been eager to try jigging for lakers, and I'm concerned that once I start fishing in 60ft or anywhere in that range, that the interference will be too high to see my lure or any potential fish down that far. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: Garmin Transducers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2021, 03:06 PM »
I have the GT10 on my 73sv

I like it but i never bothered with the GT8

I have alot of cone angles to toy with. The target separation is excellent IMO.

Not sure about the interference. Usually it means turning your gain down to minimize it.
Mone defaults to medium and I isiallynhabe to turn it fowm to about 80 to clear all the clutter fron my screen

Any idea how many watts your unit is putting out?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.