Author Topic: poison creek, cascade?  (Read 1746 times)

Offline tugnut0303

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish On
poison creek, cascade?
« on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:39 AM »
 So me and the guys headed to poison creek tomorrow. anyone got any news on how its doing this year. thanks.
FISH ON!!

Offline mooseymo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: poison creek, cascade?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Tough day today. Got six perch all real nice, 3 trout and lost a couple perch at the hole. drilled prob 40+ holes didn't seem to help to much.
sick days are for fishing!

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Not sure about Poison Creek but the area by Crown Point showed some fish but I could not get them to bite. Another party that fished beyond the point did have a few but not have much size. We did land a few trout with one at 18". This was Saturday.

Offline elkcrazy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:35 PM »
caught only 7 with 3 keepers... marked alot of fish and had to work at what I got.... I did notice on the jigging poles that the fish were noticable on the negative bite. That usually happens when they are finiky and come from below the bait. The fish are there they just need to turn on..... The good news is we can move about without falling now!   ;)

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:41 PM »
It'll get better, some serious storms up here this week. Tomorrow hot (for Janurary) ice will remain good for the rest of the season. Slush fishing sucks, well actually I don't mind it (used to it) but I've been catching $%& for it since I took the IN-LAWS out several years ago.

Offline mooseymo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:12 PM »
Hey elk did you give your three perch to a guy in a green parka? If so thanks that was my old man I was the impatient guy in blue out there.
sick days are for fishing!

Offline tugnut0303

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish On
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2012, 08:51 PM »
well we caught three at 15 inch but that was it. was hoping for some perch at least oh well always next weekend.  ;D. Thanks everyone keep on fishing.
 tugnut
FISH ON!!

Offline elkcrazy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2012, 10:29 PM »
That was me moose... Thought that may have been you... seems like the less they bite the harder I concentrate on fishing... 3 wasnt enough for a meal but I figured if added to someones catch it may help....

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2012, 01:03 PM »
Was up at Poison yesterday. 20+ perch but only 3 keepers just before sundown. I didn't really start runnin and gunnin until about less than an hour of daylight left. Stupid me, should've been doin it all day... :cookoo:

I think you really need to run and gun no matter where you are, holes 30yds apart, no bite in three minutes....MOVE ON!!! If you find a hole where you catch a keeper...punch one or two more and fish 'em for no more than 15mins. Then move on...because the school will...

Hogger

Offline Tetep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2012, 02:18 AM »
Heading up Thursday morning...  How far from shore do you fish?  I guess I'll see the old holes and go from there....   ::)

Offline Tetep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2012, 12:32 AM »
Had a good day...more trout then perch....  Perch are loaded with eggs...  Looks like a mine field out there...  Lots of LOUD ice cracking/vibration... One couple hurried off, it spooked them so much.  Peeps were running sleds on the ice...  The ice seemed thicker then 9+ inches..

Overall, nice day on the ice...

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2012, 08:53 AM »
good deal, and welcome if I forgot too say that......
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:51 AM »
Lots of LOUD ice cracking/vibration

Quote me if I am wrong but I was always with the mind that when the ice is making noise, what I like is the "echo" sounds, means that it is freezing or forming which means very good conditions. I know it is an uneasy feeling for those who are not used to it.

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 07, 2012, 08:04 AM »
My daughter said Whale. That was cute.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.