Author Topic: Deeper Pro Sonar - Ice Fishing Video made by normal people. Cool unit.  (Read 575 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I had never seen the Deeper Pro before (I will stick with my Livescope).  They each have a unit in their hole without interference and don't remove it for a fish on.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline SkWalter

• IceShanty Rookie
I wonder what the battery life is on those units.  I suspect that between the Deeper Pro unit and my phone, one would not last a full day.

Offline shoeshineman

• IceShanty Rookie
I used one of these last winter. Battery life is a serious problem with this. I also had constant problems with the Bluetooth connection failing to my phone. I suspect this is due to ice forming all over the unit, or the battery as well. I sold mine quickly.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
I would think they work well for early ice but for thicker ice not so much since they float at the top of the hole?  Wouldn't the ice start to seriously impair your cone angle underneath the unit?
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline Jkoht

• Team IceShanty Regular
Many years ago when Humingbird first came out with their wristwatch sonar with floating castable ducer I bought one for use while using my kayak. Admittedly this is a bit newer in design and features, but same general concept. I used it ice fishing and it worked perfectly fine, could see the depth, bottom, and fish marker. The thickness of ice didn't seem to affect the cone either, and when you think of it what is 12-24" of ice near the apex of the cone vs. 100 ft or more range? Statistically it's insignificant. I still have that unit but haven't used it lately. I got water in the watch one time and now it seems to chew through the battery really fast.

Offline 3whitevanes

• IceShanty Rookie
I would say the odds of my phone ending up on the bottom of the lake would be about 99% if I were using one of these units.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.