The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Tips for Catching Rainbow's and Splake...  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Captain Don

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tips for Catching Rainbow's and Splake...
« on: May 19, 2008, 05:02 PM »
I know this is an ice fishing Forum but I also know most who ice fish also softwater fish so hence the question...the wife and I are going to go camping and will be near an inland lake that has both Rainbow Trout and Splake. This is a smaller inland lake. I will have my 16 foot with the 50hp, bow trolling motor and a 5HP Kicker.

Anyone have an tips for Rainbow's and Splake on an inland lake? I'm thinking about trolling dipsy divers and spoons but are there other ways both trolling and non-trolling?

THANKS!

Offline brown82

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tips for Catching Rainbow's and Splake...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 11:57 PM »
take alot of blocks and alot of TNT  ;)  no but if you have a slight wind take some night crawler and turn your boat sideways and let the wind push you . take the worm and slide on the hook so there is a long tail and fill it up with air and put your sinker about 2 1/2 to 3 ft above your bait and then just drag it on the bottom or you can jig it every now and then it will work good.if you can get some of the green nightcrawler to they work ok. If you are sitting still take a little pimple and tip it with a minnow and jig it. not sure how deep or are these stocked rb trout but if they are and you are sitting still try power bait. but have fun and hope you catch a bunch and hope to see some good under water video and some pic good luck

Offline Captain Don

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 05:51 PM »
Thanks! Never thought about bringing the underwater camera...Good ideal...The wife is gonna just love that...NOT! LMAO

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 02:41 PM »
check out myfishfinder.com ice shanty's sister sight

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.