Author Topic: what else is in Minnewasta  (Read 733 times)

Offline yroc

• IceShanty Rookie
what else is in Minnewasta
« on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Heading out to minnie tomorrow morning going to try and make a day event out of it. Everyone talks about the crappie and that is what we are going to try and hit but just curious to what else is in that lake?..Perch, Wallie, jack???

Looking on the lake map it looks pretty large and i have been hearing areas on the south end and by the dam that might be good for crappie but never being there i have no idea of the depth of the lake looking on line hasn't helped either - so if anyone could give me a breif discription of the depth of this lake and areas that my be deeper than others it will help us in the quest seeing me or my buddy do not have a flasher.

Cheers

Offline Bunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "when in doubt,set the hook!"
Re: what else is in Minnewasta
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Heading out to minnie tomorrow morning going to try and make a day event out of it. Everyone talks about the crappie and that is what we are going to try and hit but just curious to what else is in that lake?..Perch, Wallie, jack???

Looking on the lake map it looks pretty large and i have been hearing areas on the south end and by the dam that might be good for crappie but never being there i have no idea of the depth of the lake looking on line hasn't helped either - so if anyone could give me a breif discription of the depth of this lake and areas that my be deeper than others it will help us in the quest seeing me or my buddy do not have a flasher.

Cheers

there is walleye and pike.although i have yet to catch either this winter.i spend alot of time there,
have been targeting crappie this winter.if you are there tomorrow,i'll be there around noon.north of the boat launch.
the shack with the long windows.look me up.i'm the guy with the big beard.

Offline yroc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2009, 11:57 AM »
anyone one have luck catching pick or wallies in this lake?

Offline Stevie B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:38 PM »
If you would strickly target pike and walleye you would probably get a couple.  Minne is typically a crappie lake tho.  And if you don't have a flasher...I wouldn't bother.  If you do, try deep 25'+.  You will find the deeper water just off the boat launch.  For the most part you should be able to drive all over the lake with a 4x4.  The two areas you mentioned (dam, and southeast corner) are primarily walleye and pike spots.  Try there with typical walleye presentations (jig and minnow) or tip-ups with dead bait for pike, and you should get a couple bites.  But if you don't have electronics or light tackle you are in for a disapointment if you want to catch a couple crappies.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.