Author Topic: Desperately Seeking  (Read 898 times)

Offline smitty55

• IceShanty Rookie
Desperately Seeking
« on: Feb 24, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Hi folks. Last chance here trying to find a primer assembly for my old Jiffy Model 30. It's the old black one with only one stem in the center that is partially threaded to take a nut at the back. Unfortunately the newer ones with the two locking tabs at the back are just a bit too far apart for me to drill holes to accept them on the bracket. I'm hoping someone here may have one or know somewhere that carries old parts for the old Tecumseh engines. Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Offline vaughan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Desperately Seeking
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2015, 05:28 PM »
I have an old jiffy, about 25 yrs old in the shed.........what is a primer Assyrian?  As you can tell I'm not mechanically inclined.

Offline smitty55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2015, 05:36 PM »
Wouldn't you know it, just after posting this I got a call from the small engine shop that had ordered one for me a year ago and said they couldn't get one. Seems they just found it in the store room. I had even checked today with Canada Power Technologies and they said it wasn't available. I hope its the right one lol. Tks anyways.

Cheers

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2015, 06:32 PM »
the ones off the old single stage toro snow blowers work they have 2 stroke Tecumseh engines. I put one on my 1 armed bandit jiffy.same exact thing.

Offline scotthey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Susan.

There!  I said it!!! Now I feel better.  ;D
You never know how strong you are until strong is the only option you have.

Offline smitty55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2022, 01:00 AM »
Like it's only been like 7 years ago I posted this, it has been a while since I visited lol.

So, better late than never I guess lol, and for anyone looking for that old style single stem primer bulb here is the Tecumseh p/n. 570629B  The bulb is red. Cheers

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.