Author Topic: Digger Universal Hitch Mounting  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Wgorby

• Team IceShanty Regular
Digger Universal Hitch Mounting
« on: Nov 06, 2015, 01:21 PM »
Anybody have any experience mounting a Digger Universal hitch to a Yamaha snowmobile (96 Vmax XT)...the rear grab bar is circular metal wrapped in plastic, being that it's circular metal drilling holes in it isn't my first choice to mount the Digger, due to the small dia. not sure it's even possible.  Thinking I'm going to have to mount it to the lower portion of the aluminum snow flap mount unless someone has a better idea...PM's and pics welcome!!
Follow GorbyGear on FB and Instagram

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Digger Universal Hitch Mounting
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Sir,

My Sled is exactly like yours in the back end.  That Aluminum is only 1/4" and very very soft (so soft even my snow flap is causing cracks in it).  Also just behind that is the cooler fins (if liquid cooled).  Not sure the best solution will be Aluminum flap.   Best to stay up on the Grab Bar (maybe dremmel tool the plastic to expose metal bar)?  Heck the Grab Bar supports the Sled weight of 500lbs plus anyways but drilling holes WILL weaken it, so look to clap around it.

Myself I plan on using simple tow rope that has been passed thru 5' of Conduit or pvc to my grab bar (RED GREEN Show comes too mind here).  I am sure some Govt, OSHA, DOT safety regulation might applies here....but like Nascar it aint cheating if you aint caught :).

Bless
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.