Author Topic: What do you think  (Read 5608 times)

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
Re: What do you think
« Reply #30 on: Feb 02, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Keep in mind that the best brand is brand new.  The Polaris is a work horse, the  Suzuki is the hot rod, it will work too.
Thread killer

Offline TrikerJohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 02, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Keep in mind that the best brand is brand new.  The Polaris is a work horse, the  Suzuki is the hot rod, it will work too.

X 2-I was going to buy used and after watching how some people ride there's on You Tube, I figured new might be cheaper down the stretch. I have a year to find out if anything is amiss, and if it is, the warranty pays for it.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it....

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #32 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:21 PM »
Just wanted to get a opinion on what I'm looking at. First machine is a 2008 Suzuki King Quad 750. It only has 8 miles on it !! The guy bought it and never used it at all. Looked at it yesterday and it is brand new. The nubs are still on the lugs on the tires. It's just the machine no winch or anything. He's asking 6400.00. The other machine I looked at is a 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 with 950 hrs and over 2000 miles on it. It has a winch and plow with it. And it is in real good condition. No cracked plastic or anything like that. He's come down to 4500.00 for that machine. The research I've done on used ATV's shows these prices to be right on. Do I need the plow (no) but I like the idea of the winch. Also I noticed on-line that the Polaris is rated #1 for ATV's and Suzuki is #3. Both are nice machines and really all I'm going to use it for is ice fishing transportation. Should I go with the new 08 or the 06 used one.   ??? Glenn

Honestly, on line ratings are about as accurate as those that rate pick up trucks, every year it changes.  If you want a good excuse not to ice fishing, buy the Polaris, you'll get to know your mechanic quite well while your getting it fixed..again.  It's the FIAT of ATV's.  Fix it again tony.  you want something reliable, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki in about that order.

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 02, 2013, 09:13 PM »
Is the polaris fuel injected?

Yes it's a EFI bogman.
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline bogmanjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't Tread on Me.
« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2013, 06:17 AM »
Well as you know I am a polaris guy. EFI 500 is a sweet machine. No issues with ethanol eating carb parts.The ride of a Polaris is just about the best out there. 2000 miles wouldnt scare me if adult owned. It's going to be ready for a belt if it hasn't been done though. $100 part, 30 min job. The Suzuki will be a hotrod compared side by side to the Polaris. It will also burn way more fuel and I really doubt you'll ever need all that extra power for what you want an ATV for. I wouldnt and I use my stuff more than the avreage guy I think. Cant go wrong with either deal.

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 04, 2013, 05:10 AM »
If I had no choice and had to choose between the two I would pick the Suzuki King Quad.

Poorboy

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 04, 2013, 01:38 PM »
Thanks Charlie that makes me feel better coming from you. That's the one I'm getting. Pick it up Tues.

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 04, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Thanks everybody on here for your opinions and suggestions on my search for some ice transportation. I pick up my Suzuki 750 King Quad tomorrow !! Then we'll have to start trickng it out for ice fishing !!!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks
Glenn

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3

Offline drywallgod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:25 PM »
i own a 09 750 kingquad,awesome machine but put an aftermarket air filter on before riding in any dust.the stock filter doesnt seat good enough,then all that dust is sand paper in you cylinder.all of my buddies own polaris,and i get way better milage with my suzuki.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.