Author Topic: whats on your truck  (Read 5283 times)

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: whats on your truck
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2012, 03:00 PM »
4x4 with snow tires on all corners, set of chains & aluminum corn scoop shovel if needed. i generally use the wheeler in this weather we're having though & i might have to break out the skates since there isn't a bit of snow at the house. i have yet to need to put on the chains any winter i carry them :)

Offline laclabiche walleye hunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2012, 07:18 PM »
I'm on my second set of 35 inch toyo mud terrains and love them.

Offline shaun_300

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2012, 05:17 PM »
I really like the look of the Cooper Discovery AT3 tires. BFG All Terrain's are good too! The Firestone Winterforce are great, I put a set on mom's Buick Lucerne and she loves them. We install a lot of them on trucks at the dealership I work at!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:34 AM »
I just ponied up for a set of the Cooper At3's a few weeks ago for my '04 Tacoma. They are the best tires I have had on this truck, and I've had a few. BFG's, Bridgestones... These are great tires. The only negative thing I can say about them is they are very loud on dry highway conditons, but that's pretty much the price for tires this aggressive. They perform flawlessly in wet, icy or snowy conditions. Oh, they also hold rocks pretty good, again, the caveat to having aggressive tires. Ride quality is the best I have had on this truck.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:14 AM »
Ugh I have a set of mudballers for my summer tires on the duramax and I cant wait to sell them. Trail graps look nice though, just expensive for what you get.

Burk, I'll be happy to take thoses boggers off your hands.  ;D I miss my boggers bad, currently looking for a set of 40"+ TSLs or boggers for my new project.

You planning on running in any bogs next year?
Next year probly not, hoping it will be done within two years then it will probly make its first appearance at the pilot butte mud bog. Haven't decided if I want to tear the motor right down or just do a few upgrades for now. Got a 8x8 argo project that is more of a priority right now just deciding what diesel to drop into it :)

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
« Reply #35 on: Jan 16, 2012, 07:35 PM »
Michelin LTX A/S on my Ram 2500. Just got them a few weeks back but like them so far.

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 26, 2012, 09:55 AM »
If you're mostly highway but also need to go through snow, General Grabber AT2s are the bomb.  Have them on the wifes jeep and all the jeeps at work that need to go through the high line/gas line ROWs frequently and they're a great all purpose tire. 

I run bridgestone dueller MTs (I believe they're discontinued) on my DD because I got them for a good price, but it's kind of a 50/50 daily driver/off-road vehicle.  My straight up wheeling jeep I run Q78 TSL Super Swampers which are not so great for highway driving or snow driving.  Great on the rocks though and you can't destroy the sidewalls. 

Offline osiris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:12 PM »
Good Year Duratracs 2nd set now i put on alot of miles on every year, ride nice on interstate but never left me sitting in the mud or snow love the sidewall lugs

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:56 PM »
 I ran Copper Discoverer ATs on my 95 F150 and loved them. I just put a set of the Hankook Dynapro's on my wifes Exploder last month and they have done well in the snow My 2000 F150 has GY Wranglers.

Offline skidooguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAAAAAGGGG!!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 23, 2012, 01:26 PM »
Chains. You can buy any highway tire you want, and tread is not an issue. Once you pop the chains on you are good to go in the ice and snow!
Also known as Rebel16 on MYFISHFINDER.COM

Registered Maine Guide

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.