The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Thoughts on the snow?  (Read 586 times)

Offline PerchSlayer67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "It's a big one guys!"
Thoughts on the snow?
« on: Dec 15, 2013, 03:01 PM »
I've Been out a few times this year with good success and all time there was barely an inch of snow on the ice. Now we just got 12"+ or so last night in central vt and expected more tonight.. This is going to suck to have to walk through this much snow this early in the season and will slow the ice making process down.. And as for you people who drive on.. I hope you have a plow! Ha but what are everyone's thoughts? I'm thinking it's not a good start at all to the 2014 ice season
"Ice is on the lake so we're going Fishin!"

Offline jpmVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Thoughts on the snow?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2013, 05:40 PM »
Yeah, the foot of white stuff was a bit much, but I gotta say trudging through to get on the ice is better than open water, right?

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2013, 05:43 PM »
most of the big lakes here have no ice so hopefully once they freeze will be ok, but the ones that just started making with a inch or 2 will be tuff.

Offline fishnmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:59 PM »
Yeah, the foot of white stuff was a bit much, but I gotta say trudging through to get on the ice is better than open water, right?
Really? ???
                           One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.

Offline Jdchc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2013, 11:10 PM »
This snow is not good

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2013, 04:32 AM »
Its fluffy snow with little water content ,fridays warm temps will settle the snow right down . IMHO !

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2013, 09:40 AM »
Certainly not ideal for making more ice. I hope it blew around a lot and did not pile evenly. Have not been out to check local water to see how it looks yet.

Offline spb802

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it's cold I'm on the hard water...
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2013, 10:22 AM »
My suggestion is hopefully we get some wind before it settles to much to get the majority off the ice, and not everywhere got hit as hard as central and southern vt. I'm in the jericho/Underhill area we only saw just over three inches here, thankfully.... want that ice to continue to get thicker!
My passion for fishing and hunting, I owe to my Father and Uncle Art. RIP Art Rye, I will cherish all the days on the hard water we spent together and all the days in the woods. Miss you...

Offline williev18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2013, 12:18 PM »
Wind is picking up pretty good now, hopefully all of this fluffy snow will be blown to shore.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.