Author Topic: S cable  (Read 748 times)

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
S cable
« on: Aug 15, 2018, 05:24 PM »
I have a flx28 and fl20 I fish a lot in under 8 feet of water, my question is would a s cable help seeing more in the weeds than just the low power mode?  FYI the flx28 has the pro view and the fl20 had the dual 9-19.  Thanks

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: S cable
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2018, 06:58 PM »
Flx28 has weed mode.works great in weedy areas.use lp on those vexs too.all the s cable does is add lp mode to the models that dont have it.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2018, 07:20 PM »
Thanks Dr

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2018, 08:57 PM »
we tried it on a buddies fl 20 last year he had the same idea.  i had a fl 8 se and were in a very shallow pond and lots of weeds.  didn't see any difference in his rig from lp mode with or without the s cable.  the fl8 on the other had it made all the difference in the world.  s cable for me is a must have in the shallower weedy ponds we chase dem dang 'ol crappies in.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2018, 10:06 PM »
I have a flx28 and fl20 I fish a lot in under 8 feet of water, my question is would a s cable help seeing more in the weeds than just the low power mode?  FYI the flx28 has the pro view and the fl20 had the dual 9-19.  Thanks

If you want a "better" line display get rid of the proview on the flx28 and get a different ducer.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2018, 08:27 AM »
I had a duel transducer on the fl20 so I might switch that out to see if that helps. 

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2018, 08:19 PM »
I had a duel transducer on the fl20 so I might switch that out to see if that helps.

From my experiance with the pro view it is a very sensitive ducer, and tends to make the lines blobby in shallow water. My buddy had an FL22HD with a pro view and I had an FL22HD with a tribeam. With the wide cone, LP mode and gain low I had nice lines on the unit and a wide cone. With his he had the gain to zero, a small cone angle, and blobby lines even on LP mode. He sold the proview and got a tribeam.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.