Author Topic: Buckeye Lake  (Read 1218 times)

Offline 2Big4HoleOH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • U ain't had one, till u used a gaffe!!!!!
Buckeye Lake
« on: Jan 18, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Hey Frozen Water Fishing Folks,
I am heading out to Buckeye Lake on Monday...Can you give me a report on ice thickness and snow cover? Will go out around 2pm on Monday. Any info GREATLY appeciated especially off of Fairfield Beach and Cranberry Island. Will post results upon return. Thanks
2BIG
Iced

Offline icefishindave

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Buckeye Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2009, 07:13 PM »
Hi 2big the ice is about 4" all around the beach area. I went out Thursday and Saturday for 9 hours both days, didn't catch anything on Thursday got one on sat. there were a lot of guys on Saturday didn't hear of any one catching anything.There were guys out by the marsh also i,m not sure if they where catching anything but they didn't seem to fish long.Hope this helps.

Offline wheresmyauger?

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Buckeye Lake
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Spent 3 hours on Buckeye (by Cranberry Island) yesterday morning.  Plenty of other guys out there (about 30 or so), but no action.  On the way out, saw a few guys heading back to their car with some saugeye in their bucket, but didn't see any other anglers reeling them in.  Used two poles and two tip ups with wax worms and meal worms on bright colored jigs.  Anyone had any luck recently?  The ice was plenty safe (at least 5" thick).  Maybe the change in weather threw 'em off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.